grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

24 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If so $2M is quite likely. Let's see where MTC1 ends.

FWIW MTC2 JC comp in the latest run is up to 1.97 million. A bit odd considering the low walkups reported by regional trackers but here the walkups have been outstanding. I think over 2 million should happen unless MTC1 is low.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Free Guy doing just around $20 mil while something like Don't Breath 2 reaches within $5 mil of that just shows that releasing high-budget shit is just still not sustainable. I guess its a better result than last weekend. But still pretty bad.

It seems the market is being held up by the subscriber base...and they are turning out, but only will hit a certain "baseline" number...

I'd love to know if AMC, Regal, or Cinemark released current subscriber figures lately...

Apocalypse cancelled huh?

Could be that delta uncertainty lead to people declining to prebuy but it’s not bad enough (yet?) to completely stop those customers from eventually converting to an admit.

• Like 1

Ok time for my final guess. Based on current pace FG seems likely to finish at 80% of JC at MTC2, which would be about 2.16 million. Regional trackers have been lower which makes me leery, but the late walkups have been very strong (much like TSS last week, actually, and that also overperformed regional trackers by a good bit). And given that the MTC1 ratio should be better, I will stick my neck out and guess 2.3 million.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

I’m still confused. Now everything is over performing? What happened for the change of pace in prediction?

Nothing is overperforming per se. This is how these small films are supposed to be. Final day is what make or break them.

Regional trackers may have variances, but MTC tracking was expecting $2M previews for long time, and that is where it seems like will be.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

I’m still confused. Now everything is over performing? What happened for the change of pace in prediction?

It's also just "compared to what"...single digits to 8-10M totals for the films is big percentage wise for those films, but not dollar wise for the domestic market (it could just means subscribers made plans for 2 movies this weekend, not 1)...the whole market will still come in at a not wonderful overall figure for the weekend...

50 minutes ago, Menor said:

Ok time for my final guess. Based on current pace FG seems likely to finish at 80% of JC at MTC2, which would be about 2.16 million. Regional trackers have been lower which makes me leery, but the late walkups have been very strong (much like TSS last week, actually, and that also overperformed regional trackers by a good bit). And given that the MTC1 ratio should be better, I will stick my neck out and guess 2.3 million.

Is Thursday late walk-ups having some spill over effect to Friday? Because I remember the Friday number was bad. 

Free Guy Previews

MTC1 - 42716/229911 645385.88 1311 shows

it finished at 95% of MTC1 final for Jungle Cruise. Thinking it should hit 90% final overall. So around 2.5m previews.  Good finish as it more than doubled its number from yesterday. It finished stronger than JC did couple of weeks ago. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

23 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Free Guy Previews

MTC1 - 42716/229911 645385.88 1311 shows

it finished at 95% of MTC1 final for Jungle Cruise. Thinking it should hit 90% final overall. So around 2.5m previews.  Good finish as it more than doubled its number from yesterday. It finished stronger than JC did couple of weeks ago. 

What about the other 2

2 hours ago, Nikostar said:

No comment on the other movies, but at least for Free Guy, people worry too much with early data when we really should be waiting until the last minute for those types of movies.  Especially with regional numbers. And I’m no exception, I was in the under 2M club yesterday.

• Like 2