grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Didn’t Raya get a bit of a boost when the chain boycotting that film finally started showing it? 

Yep. But worth noting that the PTA in theaters where that was its wk 8 or whatever was so low that the new locs didn’t exactly need huge business to bump it a little. 

20 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Yep. But worth noting that the PTA in theaters where that was its wk 8 or whatever was so low that the new locs didn’t exactly need huge business to bump it a little. 

I suppose you are referring to +39% increase it got in some week in May. 

Well that seems like something else, because MTC 2 has only 300 locs operating back then & the locs increased for Raya were +505. So some other market might have reopened or some expansion after weeks of great holds.

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Well that seems like something else, because MTC 2 has only 300 locs operating back then & the locs increased for Raya were +505. So some other market might have reopened or some expansion after weeks of great holds.

Didn't Los Angeles open part way through its run and give it a boost, can't remember if that was in May though. 

Edit: was in March by the looks of things so not that. 

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/raya-and-the-last-dragon-leads-box-office-as-l-a-theater-revival-boosts-ticket-sales-1234935242/#!

Edited by Jamiem

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah, it was May 7-9. It got MTC2… +MTC3… +Mother’s day. No market expansion to speak of as all regions were open already. Looking at the Fri and Sat weekly jumps the new chains have a clear impact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Making tickets available when most of the America is asleep. The sabotage is real. Also not even a Special Look to go with ticket sale.I wonder how tracking will be.

WTF Dude? Its not like now is the only moment to book tickets and you won't be able to do after tonight. Was Endgame also sabotaged? because it had sales start at midnight in many countries.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

WTF Dude? Its not like now is the only moment to book tickets and you won't be able to do after tonight. Was Endgame also sabotaged? because it had sales start at midnight in many countries.

I guess this explains Endgame’s notoriously weak PS then

• Haha 3