grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

I always expected nothing from Aladdin in China to be honest, the real key here is Japan, let's see how it goes.

Latin America seems to love Aladdin, i live in Brazil and every time the trailer play at theater i hear people excited and talking about how they wanted to see it. I still don't know if this will be big here in LA, but it definitely have the potential, unlike Dumbo that basically nobody cares.

Dumbo will finish with around $ 240M OS, considering how bigger Aladdin was overseas, i think it could challenge $ 500M OS, but we'll have to wait and see the WOM.

500m without China would require huge breakout in traditional markets. I am not sensing it. Even in brazil thread I did not sense a huge optimism?

It should be bigger than Dumbo. But without china(where it looks like being mother of all bombs), 350m OS seems most plausible. This is if reviews are good. otherwise Dumbo numbers could be the reality.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

In my groups Aladdin is the only disney movie with a princess from the 90's that boys actually watched. Boys usually mocks BTAB, Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Mulan... but they liked Aladdin / TLK

Not in balkan...little mermaid, batb, aladdin, lion king were all regarded great and we could already discern fringe wanna be bunch from regular honor since we were hanging out with girls(50-100 of us from school)...just to remind you..when a balkan sees "meanwhile in russia" meme or video he thinks to himself... in balkan the guy who filmed would dissappear xD TTVOMJ

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

500m without China would require huge breakout in traditional markets. I am not sensing it. Even in brazil thread I did not sense a huge optimism?

It should be bigger than Dumbo. But without china(where it looks like being mother of all bombs), 350m OS seems most plausible. This is if reviews are good. otherwise Dumbo numbers could be the reality.

$ 500M is optmistic, $ 400M is realistic with $ 350M being possible if WOM is bad.

Dumbo numbers is basically impossible to me, that movie did meh numbers everywhere except UK and maybe Mexico.

28 minutes ago, Nova said:

My favorite Disney princess movie is Mulan :ph34r:

Perfection... we used to go to theater each sunday since everything was closed(catholic country).. and it just so happened mulan was the most hillarious time we ever had in theater... not counting comedy... cant wait for LA remake TTVOMJ

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Fandango/Dr. Pepper is offering a free Far From Home ticket if you buy 3 12 Packs/24packs or 7.5 is cans. 

Great news for me cause I love Dr. Pepper and I love Spider-Man. 

Related image

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

$ 500M is optmistic, $ 400M is realistic with $ 350M being possible if WOM is bad.

Dumbo numbers is basically impossible to me, that movie did meh numbers everywhere except UK and maybe Mexico.

Dumbo did very good numbers in Spain and Italy and I think France was solid.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

I was under the impression that Dumbo did really well in the main European markets. 

Dumbo did very well in Europe.

Just not in the rest of the world.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Dumbo did very good numbers in Spain and Italy and I think France was solid.

Yeah i research here, Spain and Italy are indeed really good.

France i'm not that impressed, but it's definitely not bad.

Mexico is also decent.

That said, i think Aladdin still could do better in all of them. 

Fun fact. I hate snakes. Like was horrified them of them as a child. So when Jafar turns into a a giant snake at the end I lost my mind. When we watched it in class, the teacher had me color in the back while everyone else watched the film. 

So, I would say I always thought Aladdin and Lion King were more boyish than BATB or TLM. 

🤷‍♀️

Also, Belle is my favorite Princess cause they’re rude and won’t invite Meg to the party. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Fun fact. I hate snakes. Like was horrified them of them as a child. So when Jafar turns into a a giant snake at the end I lost my mind. When we watched it in class, the teacher had me color in the back while everyone else watched the film. 

@captainwondyful has been thread banned for posting Aladdin spoilers. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

Massive KoTM spoilers. Ken Watanabe is in it.

@Mulder has been threadbanned for saying she would post "spoilers" (plural) but she only posted 1 spoiler.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

As a 2000s kids, I’d say Aladdin, The Lion King, and Lilo and Stitch (one can make a good case for Mulan too) were gender neutral, whereas Pocohantas, TLM and BATB were girlish as a kid.

For bonus points: Treasure Planet and Atlantis were boyish. 

Though I do think Aladdin leans the most female skewing out of the three.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

@Mulder has been threadbanned for saying he would post "spoilers" (plural) but he only posted 1 spoiler.

@Brainbug has been threadbanned for saying Mulder is "he" instead of "she".

Sorry, but rules are rules.  :sadno:

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2