grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

NO WAY HOME MTC2 (only 284 theaters vs my usual 310-315)

Thursday:

Showtimes: 3730 

Seats Sold: 195378/552338

$ Sales: 2555634

Low ATP but there are probably matinee shows deflating the average. Anyway the raw ticket number is gigantic so the gross is also excellent. The ticket sales are 50% ahead of TROS day 1 which was from about 280 theaters!!! Now I do think MTC2 is overperforming compared to TROS but this is still absolutely amazing. If we consider the missing theaters, it is already the biggest preview since 2019 at this chain (I got BW's absolute final number of 206,785 from Friday morning, NWH is likely ahead of this already, especially since this run took a couple of hours). 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 4

2 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Don't think this was mentioned, but it looks like Regal is raising ticket prices by $1 in time for NWH. Anyone else with Regals seeing the same?

That tracks with what Cineworld/Regal has done in the UK, it’s £11.99 for a 2D ticket compared to £9.99 for everything else, all tickets for it seem to have increased by £2. They did the same with No Time to Die here as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

NO WAY HOME MTC2 (only 284 theaters vs my usual 310-315)

Thursday:

Showtimes: 3730 

Seats Sold: 195378/552338

$ Sales: 2555634

Low ATP but there are probably matinee shows deflating the average. Anyway the raw ticket number is gigantic so the gross is also excellent. The ticket sales are 50% ahead of TROS day 1 which was from about 280 theaters!!! Now I do think MTC2 is overperforming compared to TROS but this is still absolutely amazing. If we consider the missing theaters, it is already the biggest preview since 2019 at this chain (I got BW's absolute final number of 206,785 from Friday morning, NWH is likely ahead of this already, especially since this run took a couple of hours). 

So that should put MTC1 in the 375k-400k range for the full 24HRs?

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

So that should put MTC1 in the 375k-400k range for the full 24HRs?

I think MTC1 won't be quite as far ahead of TROS. That movie was really strong in big markets, plus looking at Denver which is MTC1 heavy, the difference doesn't seem as big as Sacramento, which is more MTC2 heavy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

That tracks with what Cineworld/Regal has done in the UK, it’s £11.99 for a 2D ticket compared to £9.99 for everything else, all tickets for it seem to have increased by £2. They did the same with No Time to Die here as well.

So not a permanent increase? Just a premium price. I mean, same diff for NWH, but I wonder if it's a permanent increase for Regals like Cinemark recently had.

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

I think MTC1 won't be quite as far ahead of TROS. That movie was really strong in big markets, plus looking at Denver which is MTC1 heavy, the difference doesn't seem as big as Sacramento, which is more MTC2 heavy. 

I agree. Sadly cant confirm until they stop queuing. One good news is for SW9 the queuing had stopped by this point while for NWH its still on. So its doing better :-)

Anyway I am getting MTC2 numbers ready soon. Should be posting some crazy big numbers for sure. 

• Like 1

Well, I've got some bad news...It seems all of my tracking scripts are gone.  I thought I had them in my OneDrive, but they're not there and the computer that I was using back then has been completely wiped.

• Sad 9

13 minutes ago, ZackM said:

Well, I've got some bad news...It seems all of my tracking scripts are gone.  I thought I had them in my OneDrive, but they're not there and the computer that I was using back then has been completely wiped.

Please rewrite them. We need some numbers before this movie release for sure :-)

19 minutes ago, ZackM said:

You deserve to ride off into the sunset King

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Please rewrite them. We need some numbers before this movie release for sure 🙂

I don't have it in me right now.  It's too finicky...There was so much tuning in that code.  You know how tricky it can be.

I'm bummed.  

• Sad 4

Spider-man No way Home MTC2

Previews - 221185/635603 2901161.69 4205 shows

Friday -  159880/780265 1965825.31 4858 shows

Saturday - 93454/799983 1123833.59 5021 shows

WOW. Way stronger than SW9 OD PS for sure. its definitely headed towards big previews. Let us see how much it sustains but there is a floor at this point. Thinking that is 45m at this point. 

Also Sony/Marvel marketing seem to be on spot not showing the key point. It generated hype without showing anything. So this is the 1st movie which is showing no COVID impact. Theaters will be uber packed for sure. 

Hope MTC1 queuing stops so that we get some numbers soon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 12

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Spider-man No way Home MTC2

Previews - 221185/635603 2901161.69 4205 shows

Friday -  159880/780265 1965825.31 4858 shows

Saturday - 93454/799983 1123833.59 5021 shows

WOW. Way stronger than SW9 OD PS for sure. its definitely headed towards big previews. Let us see how much it sustains but there is a floor at this point. Thinking that is 45m at this point. 

Also Sony/Marvel marketing seem to be on spot not showing the key point. It generated hype without showing anything. So this is the 1st movie which is showing no COVID impact. Theaters will be uber packed for sure. 

Hope MTC1 queuing stops so that we get some numbers soon. 

For the future records, this is 18 hours worth of sales.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Inceptionzq said:

So not a permanent increase? Just a premium price. I mean, same diff for NWH, but I wonder if it's a permanent increase for Regals like Cinemark recently had.

It just seems to be for certain films that they know people will pay extra for without blinking, basically a cheeky way of gouging their customers. Over here, it’s only been NTTD and NWH that’s had the additional £2 pricing, every other film released since NTTD has had the standard pricing (Eternals, Ghostbusters, etc…). It’ll be interesting to see what price they put Matrix Resurrections on sale for.

To be fair, I suppose the NTTD and NWH price was the pre-pandemic pricing, it’s only been £9.99 standard since they reopened to tempt people back.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1