Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

5 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Anecdotal, but there seem to be a lot of women at this Wonder Woman showing. 

It's also very full, for a showing that starts after 10:30

The 11:30 showing near me is nearly sold out. I live in the Bay though so i'm pretty sure people are coming in late from watching the game compared to earlier showtimes

If it wasn't for those Australian projections.....man. I'm looking at sales in areas I've tracked for awhile, as well as general presale information, tracking, comparisons, and if it wasn't for those Australian numbers, I think all the evidence available right now is pointing to 110+. I've tracked alot of movies this close to release, and just looking at how it's sold, the dynamics of the weekend, the tracking+available comparisons, this just does not look like a movie that only hits 80 million to me. From everything I know about domestic box office. But we shall see. I trust DeeCee. But at the same time, I'd be willing to bet good money this tops Dr. Strange's opening weekend domestically. By a fair margin, too.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

If it wasn't for those Australian projections.....man. I'm looking at sales in areas I've tracked for awhile, as well as general presale information, tracking, comparisons, and if it wasn't for those Australian numbers, I think all the evidence available right now is pointing to 110+. I've tracked alot of movies this close to release, and just looking at how it's sold, the dynamics of the weekend, the tracking+available comparisons, this just does not look like a movie that only hits 80 million to me. From everything I know about domestic box office. But we shall see. I trust DeeCee. But at the same time, I'd be willing to bet good money this tops Dr. Strange's opening weekend domestically. By a fair margin, too.

australia sucks, trust new zealand

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

There is always exeptions to a rule..

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Maybe there was a big rugby game, we don't know. You can point to Australia being down but it appears to be doing well in Asia so maybe it can still do well  

There was a big rugby league game on Wednesday night that has Super Bowl like ratings in Australia. They had ads and pop ups during the game for WW (It had by far the highest ratings of the year so far). The only sporting event last night was a regular season Australian Football(AFL) game. 

I'm sticking with the system but that doesn't mean that in this instance I'm not skeptical. 

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Australia hates women. Heard it here first.

I heard they consider Dingos to be more respectful companions than women, especially in bed.

This is why no one takes Australia seriously.

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

And I'll also throw my post in here for posterity or laughs down the track.

AUD1,119,814 is the exact figure.  Using the multiplier of a few other films we get the following OW totals.

Pirates 5 - AUD6.625m

Kong - AUD7.5m

Logan - AUD6.5m

FB - AUD5.2m

DS - AUD5.66m

I'm going to be optimistic and say it falls between AUD6-6.5m.

For it to hit USD100m Domestic that would be a 15 times multiplier if it opens to AUD6.5 in Australia.

I suppose I'm going to have to have faith in the system and set a maximum.

AUD6.5m x 13 = USD84.5.

I'm calling a Domestic ceiling of USD85m.  I think it will fall between USD70-80m.

Is Wonder Woman the film that breaks the system?

Man of steel opening weekend in Australia $8.1m,

Man of steel opening weekend domestic $116m(or $128m?), more then 14x.

So...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Man of steel opening weekend in Australia $8.1m,

Man of steel opening weekend domestic $116m(or $128m?), more then 14x.

So...

8.1 is in us dollars. The 8.8 is in aus dollars.