Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

4 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I'm guessing WB are knowingly taking a bath on Dunkirk. It's an investment in a future relationship with Nolan as much as anything else. God knows they've had no idea how to market it.

If it does take a bath maybe they pressure him into Inception 2.

6 minutes ago, franfar said:

I think the ceiling for Dunkirk's OW is 50m. Prediction is 40-45m.

A Nolan movie in July doesn't have an ow ceiling of $50m.  Short runtime and tons of imax's screenings and I say $50m is easily attainable, not the ceiling. 

Edited by FTF

Just now, YourMother said:

I'd be ecstatic if Nolan did an animated movie.

He won't 

5 minutes ago, BeastByTheBay said:

Lol Nolan will never direct another Batman movie. Another CBM not Batman? Maybe

Based on the movies he makes now, I would say CBMs are beneath him tbh. He'll do a lot more high-concept fare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

If it does take a bath maybe they pressure him into Inception 2.

I'd much rather prefer another sci fi epic like Interstellar. Not that Inception wasn't good of course

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

No, it's well under most predictions because people boarded the hype train and lost their minds.

Well then I''m glad I'm not one of them. 100m is a great OW for a first timer no matter how you look at it.

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Does anyone have faith WB will just leave Inception alone forever? Even without Nolan being involved, they own the rights I believe. 

They will. That movie left no room for a sequel. Plus I doubt Leo would come back and they won't make it without him so...

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Does anyone have faith WB will just leave Inception alone forever? Even without Nolan being involved, they own the rights I believe. 

As long as they want to keep working with him, they will leave it the hell alone if he wants them to leave it the hell alone. Otherwise I'm pretty sure his buddy Alan Horn at Disney would love to add him to their stable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Regardless of what you think about these numbers and whether it's a flop or not, this isn't the breakout of the summer many wanted and expected it to be. This begs the question: what will be the surprise hit of the summer

Valerian, obviously.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I want him to do a black comedy, dammit. I honestly think he'd knock it out the park.

Hmm, not sure how well Madea meshes with the Nolan aesthetic, but i'm always open to auteurs trying new things.

Just now, filmlover said:

They will. That movie left no room for a sequel. Plus I doubt Leo would come back and they won't make it without him so...

I hope so because personally I don't want to see it even though I really love the film. I don't have faith it won't eventually be a sequel or a remake. 

1 minute ago, Tele Came Back said:

Occasional moments aside, I'm dubious about Nolan's comedy chops overall.

It sounds antithetical, I know. But I sense a dryness in him that would lend itself to a really great script. Caveat: someone else would write it.

8 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

I just don't know who they're selling this film to.  Young people probably watching these trailers thinking ... holy shit, this looks boring.  Is anything happening?  Oh and it's PG-13.

I don't know, yes UK I could see doing well given the history of the situation, but man.  WB is really testing Nolan's draw with this one.

Well, for one thing, it's not really targeted at the youngs, more toward 40+ probably. Second, I'm sure Warner hopes this will be an Oscar contender in many categories.

I tried Googling, but anyone know what the budget is?