Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I don't get it at all..... the bitching and moaning and fighting over fictional characters and their respective films.

I also don't get how we can have 10 pages of this muck and not one person realize they need to take the conversation elsewhere. Almost missed gurus tweet cause it's buried in a pile of MCU v DCU shit. 

you're right so I am posting the tweet again so it can be found easier

• Like 9

With how things have turned out lately, I would not be shocked if some executives at WB were thinking, " Man of Steel sequel? Nah. How about a World's Finest film starring DC's holy trinity? That's the ticket!"

MOS released 4 years ago, and people's still bitching about it, who loved it will always loved it, who didn't will not, what's the point of arguing about it. Let's celebrate WW kicks ass both critically and financially, will you? 

• Like 8

MOS released 4 years ago, and people's still bitching about it, who loved it will always loved it, who didn't will not, what's the point of arguing about it. Let's celebrate WW kicks ass both critically and financially, will you? 

I'm super happy and excited that "Wonder Woman" is a great film, and that it is being well received both critically and financially.

But isn't it weird that a "Wonder Woman" film is making me feel like the world could be a better place? It's a serious film during the second half, but it's full of optimism and hope.

I want a Superman film to feel that way, but it doesn't. And I blame Snyder and Goyer for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 75live said:

yep, as expected :)  WW did its job this weekend for sure 

So, this must certainly mean that the film is generating good word of mouth, right? I don't know how these things work, but don't small Sunday drops indicate audience are liking what they saw and buzzing about it?

A new forum Rule should be that if you criticize Marvel/DC you must either also criticize the other or say two nice about it.

We obviously need to go elementary on this given the state of this thread.

• Like 10

Just now, Cochofles said:

So, this must certainly mean that the film is generating good word of mouth, right? I don't know how these things work, but don't small Sunday drops indicate audience are liking what they saw and buzzing about it?

At worst it showed how much interest there was/is in a Wonder Woman movie, so right there is a positive, regardless.  But yes, this could be a sign of good WoM too :) 

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

That, as well as the fact that it didn't get the same amount of volume showtime wise as other big releases like Guardians/SS. So it pushed a lot of the potential ticket buyers towards Sunday 

Moderation:

Okay guys, I just woke up. And while we've allowed a fair amount of DC (and Marvel) rehashing this weekend, the last dozen pages or so have gone off the deep end. Please stop using the weekend numbers thread to re-argue arguments from 2013. Enough. Just agree to disagree and move on.

If for some godforsaken reason you feel utterly compelled to keep talking about MOS either go to the DC subforum or the Franchise Wars thread. 

Further posts about this stuff here here will be deleted, and the staff will take further steps as warranted if anyone consistently continues to ignore this warning. 

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

This article from Variety pointed out the issue that I'm talking about. This was written back in April, that was addressing the issue of Wonder Woman being buried in the marketing and not being heavily promoted. And this was basically written over two months ago. There was more marketing being done for Justice League, which isn't even out until November. And it points out how much promotion that BVS and Suicide Squad was getting a few months each films release.

It was obvious that WB was using a different approach with Wonder Woman.

Here's the link. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-mulls-releasing-films-881265

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a false in every way and they should be ashamed of themselves for making none existing point.

1 minute ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

That, as well as the fact that it didn't get the same amount of volume showtime wise as other big releases like Guardians/SS. So it pushed a lot of the potential ticket buyers towards Sunday 

Smaller than norm has always led to strong legs. There has never been a exception 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian.jensen.507464 said:

I doubt that, considering that WB was burying "Wonder Woman" in the marketing department a month ago. I think the overwhelmingly positive reviews for "Wonder Woman" gave WB the extra push for them to go all out with it's marketing within the last 3 weeks.

You can't really do a kind of last minute "Oh, the critics really like it! Here's another $50mil in promo money, quick!" campaign like you seem to be implying. Booking time with outlets, making promotional material, etc. takes months of work in advance.

There was a marketing conference with a panel featuring the head of WB's marketing and she was describing how they used new ideas and principles with the Suicide Squad marketing to hit target awareness numbers months ahead of schedule and they were doing much of that with Wonder Woman. WB really is just efficent with their marketing these days.

• Like 4