Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

20 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Image result for why not both

I agree.

I really like both versions. Plus, the remake is now at $502M DOM, while the animated one made $219M DOM in it's lifetime gross.

Let's look at the DOM box office for Disney animated films and their live action remakes:

Cinderella (1950) = $93M

Cinderella (2015) = $201M

AIW (1951) = $5.2M

AIW (2010) = $334M

Sleeping Beauty (1959) = $51M

Maleficent (2014) = $241M

101 Dalmatians (1961) = $144M

101 Dalmatians (1996) = $136M

The Jungle Book (1967) = $141M

The Jungle Book (2016) = $364M

Beauty and the Beast (1991) = $219M

Beauty and the Beast (2017) = $502M

It feels like that all of the live action remakes have outgrossed their animated counterparts (with the exception of 1996's 101 Dalmatians, of course).

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I am quite intrigued as to how Wonder Woman 's critical and commercial success will impact the narrative around Gotham City Sirens . Maybe a lot more people will be a open now to the idea of superpowered women onscreen, but David Ayer is a polarizing figure. Then again, he still managed to create a product (Suicide Squad and Robbie's Harley) that was a huge hit with teenagers (always a prized commodity for the Hollywood bean counters). 

• Like 4

GOTG1 11.2 + 26.65 (+138%) + 30.99 (+16%) +  25.46 (-17.8%)

WONDR 11.0 + 27.20 (+147%) + 35.20 (+29%) + 29.60 (-16%) ..... [using Gitesh's FSS numbers]

Now this doesn't set in stone a GOTG1 like run of 3.5x+ but I feel 3.0x is very likely.

Giving it 2.8-3.2x off 103 ow gets 288-330 Dom. 3x gives 309.

I will be first lame downer to say I will be disappointed if this goes below 290. :)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I bet 101 dalmatiom made and released now will do 250-300. Aren't they are making a dalmation's vemp movie?

A Cruella movie starring Emma Stone has been stuck in development for some time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Plot twist: I think the remake is mediocre. 

Well, to each his own. :tomatoes:

However, i liked it though. I think Emma Watson will be happy that she was in a lot of huge successes. First the Harry Potter-franchise....and now this film.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A Cruella movie starring Emma Stone has been stuck in development for some time.

True.

However....i wonder how Emma Stone will handle her potrayal as Cruella De Vil? Cause i think Glenn Close from the 1996's "101 Dalmatians", managed to capture the wickedness of the original version, perfectly.

So how will Emma Stone be able to top Glenn Close? We don't know yet.

11 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I bet 101 dalmatiom made and released now will do 250-300. Aren't they are making a dalmation's vemp movie?

101 Dalmations doesn't need another live action remake. I question whether a Cruella prequel would be successful 

The Disney animated film I think could work as live action would be Hunchback of Notre Dame, the recent stage adaptation is much closer to the original novel with a more tragic ending and I think it would work brilliantly as a film 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

101 Dalmations doesn't need another live action remake. I question whether a Cruella prequel would be successful 

The Disney animated film I think could work as live action would be Hunchback of Notre Dame, the recent stage adaptation is much closer to the original novel with a more tragic ending and I think it would work brilliantly as a film 

Man, I would LOVE to see that. LOVE to see that. However, I was so disappointed in the BATB remake (which I really wanted to love), that I dread what they would do. What Disney was willing to do back then (and got away with) with Hunchback was amazingly dark and twisted (yep, in spite of the gargoyles). Would they make a big-budget live-action remake without declawing it and sanitizing it?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

My wish is already granted with aladin being made! That was my favorite movie growing up.

If disney makes HoND, it will be difficult for them to do a tragic ending.

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Man, I would LOVE to see that. LOVE to see that. However, I was so disappointed in the BATB remake (which I really wanted to love), that I dread what they would do. What Disney was willing to do back then (and got away with) with Hunchback was amazingly dark and twisted (yep, in spite of the gargoyles). Would they make a big-budget live-action remake without declawing it and sanitizing it?

I think its more likely they'd make a live action film closer to the novel, it wouldn't need a huge budget maybe $60-70m and they should cut the gargoyles or make them figments of Quasimodo's imagination

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I've been saying for months that this one would do over 100M OW and over 300M dom. One objective down and one to go!

I believe she can do it.

My original prediction was 101 with a 3x.

So pissed I changed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Because it would make the negative reception BvS had (making more than half your total from opening weekend can in no way be spun as a positive) even more glaring and how much potential it would've had had it enjoyed a positive (or at least significantly less divisive) one.

Nobody's going to think of things in those sort of terms if Wonder Woman outgrosses BvS other than a small niche who want to hold onto harping about BvS out of some obsessive need to shit on it. If Wonder Woman outgrosses BvS there's only going to be three real reactions.

1) Wow, DC really course corrected!

2) Wow, Wonder Woman has broken through the glass ceiling!

And the one from the studio.

3) Wow, every DC movie we've made has just about earned more money than the last! Make more!

50 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I am quite intrigued as to how Wonder Woman 's critical and commercial success will impact the narrative around Gotham City Sirens . Maybe a lot more people will be a open now to the idea of superpowered women onscreen, but David Ayer is a polarizing figure. Then again, he still managed to create a product (Suicide Squad and Robbie's Harley) that was a huge hit with teenagers (always a prized commodity for the Hollywood bean counters). 

Some obsessive online detectives have discovered that Catwoman has a pretty prominent place in the character line-up in the new DC/DCEU logo. Even more prominent than Harley, surprisingly. Kinda cool as Catwoman is a very iconic pop-culture figure, rivalling possibly Wondy herself. I think Geoff Johns will take a lot of care to ensure that Sirens is a quality movie as well. Could possibly rope in Jenkins to help Ayer too.

There's assuming Ayer stays and doesn't choose to leave if he is picked for that Scarface remake.

34 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

LOL Ever WONDER? First teaser for Professor Marston and the Wonder Women !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ev4vgK0L7g

Uhh, I hope they don't fixate on his kinks too much. There was so much more to his life than that. It would be annoying when now that Wonder Woman is seeing success and recognition on a global level, this film suddenly raises a panic that the character is some "perverted leftist agenda" to brainwash little children. Stuff like that was why that silly conservative paranoia took hold of comics in the 1950's, curbing a lot of progressive stories and characters.

While we are still in the subject of Disney live action remakes....i wouldn't mind seeing a Disney remake of Robin Hood.

That could have a potential to be faithful to the animated film. What could make this live action Robin Hood-adaptation different and stand out from the others....is that:

A. It's Disney.

B. The characters in the animated version, are all anthropomorphic animals. That alone could be something that could make the Disney live action adaptation, more unique than the other "Robin Hood"-films.

C. It's more family-friendly, which makes sense since the 1973 animated version is already family-friendly.

All Disney needs to do.....is to pick the fitting voices for the live action-version, and make sure it captures the elements & the charm of what made the 1973 version so enjoyable for the Disney-Fans & the "Robin Hood"-fans. And also....Disney just needs it to be not just a good movie.... but also faithful to it's animated counterpart.

• Like 1