Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

:rolleyes: Iron Man 3 had a multi of 2.35 whereas GoTG2 will likely finish with a multi of 2.6 which is actually quite decent. But no lets ignore the numbers, we'll go along with whatever agenda you have. :rolleyes:

GoTG2 had a OW of 146, will finish with 380+, multi of 2.6. But it was not so well received, sure champ whatever you say. 

I would have thought the film would have gotten a 2.8+ but 2.6x is damn good in today's Market.

This is the range I believe will start to be more and more common.

6 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Guardians of Galaxy 2 were really so well received? Do you really think? If it really had been, it would have been at least 2.5 times multiplier, May 2017 was the best month of May in decades, had no competition

The movie ain't done yet. It'll get over 2.5.

If a movie is really well received, it has to do at least 2.8x multiplier, Even more so in one of the best months of the year (May), where he faced no competition And it's a family movie. my opinion.

Edited by bruchav

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Cannot compare with July/Aug either. 100% of schools/colleges are out during that time. 

Amongst the ones i listed. Xmen:fc, TIH, Green Lantern and Batman Begins(same drop as TASM) had an opening in June. 

These movies would indicate a range of 11.5 to 12.6. Given that WW is much better received than these it is not unreasonable to expect a better hold than them for a 13 million number. 

If you want to find out numbers for other june releases with similar openings then be my guest. We can all use some actual data and analysis rather than fanboying which is what goes on here for the most part

I believe Wonder Woman will imoress us all again with her second weekend.At this point ,with its oress covfefe,it seems like an event film that will change the industry.And mayne it is and maybe it will but for sure it's a film that right now is being presented as  a must-see.I have never seen this kind of support from celebrities before.It's unreal.

If Captain Marvel registers the same level of success then we really are witnessing the begginning of a slightly different movie industry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bruchav said:

If a movie is really well received, it has to do at least 2.8x multiplier, Even more so in one of the best months of the year (May), where he faced no competition And it's a family movie. my opinion.

So in your genius mind Ghost Rider (2.55x) was as well received as Logan (2.57x)??? And Logan was not well received according to your standards???

giphy.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I believe Wonder Woman will imoress us all again with her second weekend.At this point ,with its oress covfefe,it seems like an event film that will change the industry.And mayne it is and maybe it will but for sure it's a film that right now is being presented as  a must-see.I have never seen this kind of support from celebrities before.It's unreal.

If Captain Marvel registers the same level of success then we really are witnessing the begginning of a slightly different movie industry.

This is #NotAnEvent

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

So in your genius mind Ghost Rider (2.55x) was as well received as Logan (2.57x)??? And Logan was not well received according to your standards???

giphy.gif

X-men movies are frontloaded, Logan legs are really good.

11 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

How are we defining ”well received”? A film that gets solid reviews and sells 350 million dollars worth of tickets is not well received? I am confused. 

According to some people TMNT, Ant-man, Fantastic Four are all better received than GOTG2 because that suits their agenda. 

It seems that Wonder Woman maybe made around $12 million on Monday, with one of our gods suggesting so through hints and our other god liking a few posts mentioning $11.9/12 million.

Anywhere $11-12 million would be really impressive to me.

Peace,
Mike

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bruchav said:

but not even Iron man 3 had a drop of 74.8%, was smaller, I do not think Guardians 2 was so well received, not even close to the first movie,

yes the weekdays in the summer are better.

" I do not think Guardians 2 was so well received"

Cinemascore: A (Same of the first)

IMDB: 8.1 (Same of the first)

RT: critics 81% audiences 90%

• Like 1

15 (+25%)

10.5 (-30%)

9.4 (-10%)

15 (+60%)

21.8 (+45%)

15.3 (-30%)

52.1M Weekend

Shit, that club might be possible. It's hard to say how much spillover this is, though.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1