kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

48 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Why would they need some convoluted time travel nonsense to just ignore BvS/JL, they can just ignore them

Anyway the picture was obviously chosen to get ppl talking and it worked. Whole lotta proclamations being made, lol

Well there is one way he could be there which is entirely consistent with all the previous films, suprised no one has come up with it thus far.

Should I give a clue?

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Points for not beating around the bush. Just straight up "hey here's Steve, he's back."

I respect that.

i hope it's like that in the movie too, don't explain it he's just there hanging out like nbd.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Points for not beating around the bush. Just straight up "hey here's Steve, he's back."

I respect that.

I was probably a bit foolish to have thought that Trevor was really dead....I should have guessed they would find a way to bring him back.

What they have to avoid is doing the Steve Rogers "Man Out Of His Time" routine...

1 minute ago, harrycaul said:

It has been fun watching that narrative insta-flip with some folks today.

And given that Patty Jenkins is such a literate director,I would bet that the title will tie in with Orwell's novel in some way

And just when I had talked about how tired and unappealing the 80's nostalgia train is right now

IT film was just changing the time period for no reason.

But it makes sense for Wonder Woman if she is an immortal.

Edited by Mojoguy

Also shut the hell up about Gal not being able to act. I thought we were done with that crap from the first WW topic?

She did a fine job and won over critics and a majority of fans.

RT consensus is "Thrilling, earnest, and buoyed by Gal Gadot's charismatic performance, Wonder Woman succeeds in spectacular fashion."

• Thanks 4

Anyone betting on what percentage of this thread will become a "Gal Gadot cannot act" bitchfest from trolls out to poison the well? Since we all know that her allegedly sub-par acting skills did not impact in the least the box office success of the first film (and in fact, her acting, performance, and overall screen presence was widely considered one of the main reasons for the film's gigantic artistic and commercial success), I am really curious as to what exactly is added to the box office discussion for WW84 by repeating the "Gal Gadot cannot act" diatribe? I suspect it is just about trolling/poisoning the well...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

New photos look great! Steve is probably a hallucination.

I actually hope that he is.

As much as I loved the chemistry between Gal and Pine, I want this film not to become a repeat of the original (although I totally get that Steve being real in the film does not mean that the film will automatically be a carbon copy of WW)...

I love Gal, but that 'Kal-El, no!' in Justice League like he's an irritating puppy is hilarious.

All actors are allowed weak scenes every once in a while, I blame that mess more on Whedon as a director more than anything.

It's obvious only Patty Jenkins should be the only one allowed to handle Wonder Woman going forward. She GETS the character.

Edited by Mojoguy