kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

9 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Anyone betting on what percentage of this thread will become a "Gal Gadot cannot act" bitchfest from trolls out to poison the well? Since we all know that her allegedly sub-par acting skills did not impact in the least the box office success of the first film (and in fact, her acting, performance, and overall screen presence was widely considered one of the main reasons for the film's gigantic artistic and commercial success), I am really curious as to what exactly is added to the box office discussion for WW84 by repeating the "Gal Gadot cannot act" diatribe? I suspect it is just about trolling/poisoning the well...

Wtf? Gal is THE reason Wonder Woman worked so well and was the success it was. If you're going to criticize her in the role, then you really have no business invested in this franchise. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

All actors are allowed weak scenes every once in a while, I blame that mess more on Whedon as a director more than anything.

Exactly!

Remember this awful piece of "acting" from this celebrated Oscar-winning French thespian?

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I confess. I'm not excited to see him back.  At all.  But there is a precedent: the TV series used Kyle for Steve Trevor in the S1 and Steve Trevor's kid for S2-S3.  He's probably just a nephew.

33 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I was probably a bit foolish to have thought that Trevor was really dead....I should have guessed they would find a way to bring him back.

What they have to avoid is doing the Steve Rogers "Man Out Of His Time" routine...

Chris pine is part of the WW cast, there was never any doubt he would be back, its was noted from day 1 that he was on a multi film contract.

Chris Pine has closed a deal to play Steve Trevor opposite Gal Gadot in “Wonder Woman,” TheWrap has learned. Pine joins the DC Movie Universe in a multi-picture deal that includes sequel options, according to insiders.

https://www.thewrap.com/chris-pine-closes-deal-to-star-opposite-gal-gadot-in-wonder-woman-exclusive/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I confess. I'm not excited to see him back.  At all.  But there is a precedent: the TV series used Kyle for Steve Trevor in the S1 and Steve Trevor's kid for S2-S3.  He's probably just a nephew.

What happens in veld, stays in veld :huglove:

• Disbelief 1

This isn't directed at anyone but since there's a good chance this thread will go to shit many many times within the next two years.   I'm just going to do a pre-emptive strike and say   what the hell is the matter with some of you?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DAR said:

This isn't directed at anyone but since there's a good chance this thread will go to shit many many times within the next two years.   I'm just going to do a pre-emptive strike and say   what the hell is the matter with some of you?

alternatively, i'll just say this to them:

Dfl8k3lXUAA-QLK.jpg&key=f7e10e0317536d14

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

Image result for suicide squad what the hell is wrong with you people

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Any guesses as to when we will get our first look at Wiig's Cheetah? I am dying to see how the character design is realized in live action!!

o3f6KkN.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Frozen 2 vs WW2 will be very interesting to watch. At this point, i think WW will be a lot bigger DOM and smaller Worldwide. Im very curious if Frozen 2 can replicate the phenomenal success of the first one or if it is "barely a huge hit".

The two films could eat into each other's audiences (Frozen 2 damaging WW2 is maybe more likely, since it opens 4 weeks after it), as both are more female than male orientated.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

IT film was just changing the time period for no reason.

But it makes sense for Wonder Woman if she is an immortal.

I think the Amazons  are like the Elves in Tolkien's middle earth...they age very slowly,and after the reach maturity they don't age anymore and don't die of old age.....but they can be physicaly killed. "Conditional Immotality" you might say.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, StevenG said:

Anyone betting on what percentage of this thread will become a "Gal Gadot cannot act" bitchfest from trolls out to poison the well? Since we all know that her allegedly sub-par acting skills did not impact in the least the box office success of the first film (and in fact, her acting, performance, and overall screen presence was widely considered one of the main reasons for the film's gigantic artistic and commercial success), I am really curious as to what exactly is added to the box office discussion for WW84 by repeating the "Gal Gadot cannot act" diatribe? I suspect it is just about trolling/poisoning the well...

Bad Mouthing Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is so 2014..........

It's no secret that Patty Jenkins took a lot of time working with Gadot to help her get the character and help with the fact it was role a great dea more complex then any previous English speaking role Gadot has undertaken.....that took time, slowed down the filmng and probably  got Jenkins a few memos from Warners(a film getting behind schedule will almost always get you those), but it was worth the effort and extra costs.

Gadot's performance made the film. Compare her her previous Enlgish peaking roles and it incredible how much she improved.

• Like 1