kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

43 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

"stunning" what the hell are ya smoking

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Crack is one hell of a drug. 

Stunning as in beautiful, gorgeous. 

Are you too lazy to finish reading a sentence for context? 

Christ. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

I would legit rather have Steve be some hyper advanced A.I. robot technology created to destroy Diana that exists in this version of the 80's than any convoluted way that's actually him, alive and de-aged. No, no, and no. He needs to stay dead, that screws up everything that worked so well in the first film's arc. 

59 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

What if...

What if this is the actual soft-reboot-a-la-Flashpoint-fixing-DCEU-mess film?

Hear me out:

It's set in the 80s, yes. More precisely, 1984. I don't think Jenkins is shitting around, this is Steve Trevor in 1984.

Not his grandson, not a dream, not Martian Manhunter. Not Hades trickery. So... how?

Others have mentioned, but it was repeated on BvS, WW and even JL that Trevor died. So... how Trevor is in 1984, more precisely Wonder Woman 1984?

I think the easiest answer is... time travel. How? I don't know. People are focusing on Trevor - and that's Jenkins doing - but what if this is the actual misdirection? What if for some reason, Wonder Woman goes back to 1984 or even back to the 2nd war and saves Trevor, resulting in Diana from the future/present and Trevor from the past meeting in 1984? Johns is reportedly writing this, and I could see Jenkins being poised to finally right the ship of the DCEU and maybe even fix stuff like Batman's recasting with an younger actor. So... is that what they aiming for? I don't know. I just think it's interesting that Wonder Woman is potentially hinting at some sort of time travel here when Flashpoint was reportedly become just a "Flash movie". Maybe the film righting the ship is Wonder Woman after all.

Looks amazing!:ohmyzod:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

When there are Gods involved nobody stays dead forever.

As long as it's believable within the story and really serves it well then I'm all up for it.

If I am not wrong all the greek gods are dead. Ares killed them all ages ago and then WW killed Ares as well. 

38 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Hade,Circe and Greek trippy stuff aside i have read some good theories.

1.The pond  Steve took a bath in while in Themyscira was a version of the Lazarus Pit.

2(i am not a fan of this one).Steve and Diana are destined to be together and always find their way to each other.

In regards to your first option, Lazarus pits in DC either heals a person, resurrects them from dead or grants immortality. If the one we see in WW really grants immortality then why didnt the Amazons use it themselves to make themselves immortal. Would have come in handy against the germans and against steppenwolf. 

Even if Steve survived, he should be far older (in his 80’s or 90’s) than what we can see. So yeah this must be an illusion or some time travelling shenanigans

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

If I am not wrong all the greek gods are dead. Ares killed them all ages ago and then WW killed Ares as well. 

In regards to your first option, Lazarus pits in DC either heals a person, resurrects them from dead or grants immortality. If the one we see in WW really grants immortality then why didnt the Amazons use it themselves to make themselves immortal. Would have come in handy against the germans and against steppenwolf. 

Even if Steve survived, he should be far older (in his 80’s or 90’s) than what we can see. So yeah this must be an illusion or some time travelling shenanigans

I can't even imagine how stupid and ridiculous that would sound to explain to the audience in the movie. 

"Hey, remember when you took that bath when we first met? Welllllll.....turns out that was actually the Lazarus Pit!" :gold:

Man I hope that's just a hallucination on her part or something. Maybe she's on a date with a guy and see's Steve in his place there or something lol. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I can't even imagine how stupid and ridiculous that would sound to explain to the audience in the movie. 

"Hey, remember when you took that bath when we first met? Welllllll.....turns out that was actually the Lazarus Pit!" :gold:

Man I hope that's just a hallucination on her part or something. Maybe she's on a date with a guy and see's Steve in his place there or something lol. 

Lets not forget that night they had "together" in her room. Could be WW's son looking like Steve Trevor. 

I would not be paying attention to that ill-fated movie last fall for any 'continuity.'  I doubt TPTB are, either.  I think somehow, some way, Trevor is back.  And he's not a robot or a dream...if these were so, they would not reveal him so early, I think.  On the other hand, the very reason they're revealing him so early is because they must have some significant outdoor shooting with him, and they know it will be papparazzi'd soon, anyway. 

In other words...he has as significant of a role as the first, and I doubt it's him just turning evil or being "fake news."  Too predictable.  I'm betting Jenkins is smarter than that. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

Why would she hallucinate him in those 80's pants? :lol: Also, you can see his bewildered expression at his surroundings so it appears to be really him brought back to life. It would be a neat reversal of the "fish out of water" dynamic for Steve and Diana.

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yeah, but there are many other figures in Greek mythology like Circe who aren't part of the "pantheon of gods". She's more of a witch goddess. The movie IS the same universe as this after all:

enchantress-gif-9.gif

Even Shazam and Aquaman will be heavily rooted in fantasy/myth.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

Why would she hallucinate him in those 80's pants? :lol: Also, you can see his bewildered expression at his surroundings so it appears to be really him brought back to life. It would be a neat reversal of the "fish out of water" dynamic for Steve and Diana.

He's not in those clothes. That's her date, who she's hallucinating is Steve Trevor.

I'm choosing to live in denial, leave me alone. 

• Haha 1

I think this may have to do with exploring Diana/WW’s values. What if the villain in the movie has the power to grant her the wish of resurrecting Trevor? She chooses that option only to find that the price to pay is too high and she has to let him go again. 

3 hours ago, Ranger Tree said:

I want Gal to take acting classes but we don't all get what we want.

Of course.

We all know that these superhero films truly require the finest, most amazingly skilled thespians in the lead roles to work. I mean, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johanssen, Henry Cavill...you are talking about ...ahem...Oscar-caliber A-C-T-O-R-S there.

:hahaha:

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I think *gulp* Grace Randolph was right with her guesses about what WW84 means!

in a good way, obviously 

Grace guess had a lot to do with the eighties' technological advances...could they be actually introducing Dr. Cyber?