kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

What exactly is wrong with her acting? 

Nothing at all.

She’s amazing in the role. 

Its not easy for a stunning actress like that to get other females to relate to her character and not rely on her looks. She pulled it off big time! 

• Like 3

What if...

What if this is the actual soft-reboot-a-la-Flashpoint-fixing-DCEU-mess film?

Hear me out:

It's set in the 80s, yes. More precisely, 1984. I don't think Jenkins is shitting around, this is Steve Trevor in 1984.

Not his grandson, not a dream, not Martian Manhunter. Not Hades trickery. So... how?

Others have mentioned, but it was repeated on BvS, WW and even JL that Trevor died. So... how Trevor is in 1984, more precisely Wonder Woman 1984?

I think the easiest answer is... time travel. How? I don't know. People are focusing on Trevor - and that's Jenkins doing - but what if this is the actual misdirection? What if for some reason, Wonder Woman goes back to 1984 or even back to the 2nd war and saves Trevor, resulting in Diana from the future/present and Trevor from the past meeting in 1984? Johns is reportedly writing this, and I could see Jenkins being poised to finally right the ship of the DCEU and maybe even fix stuff like Batman's recasting with an younger actor. So... is that what they aiming for? I don't know. I just think it's interesting that Wonder Woman is potentially hinting at some sort of time travel here when Flashpoint was reportedly become just a "Flash movie". Maybe the film righting the ship is Wonder Woman after all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

What if...

What if this is the actual soft-reboot-a-la-Flashpoint-fixing-DCEU-mess film?

Hear me out:

It's set in the 80s, yes. More precisely, 1984. I don't think Jenkins is shitting around, this is Steve Trevor in 1984.

Not his grandson, not a dream, not Martian Manhunter. Not Hades trickery. So... how?

Others have mentioned, but it was repeated on BvS, WW and even JL that Trevor died. So... how Trevor is in 1984, more precisely Wonder Woman 1984?

I think the easiest answer is... time travel. How? I don't know. People are focusing on Trevor - and that's Jenkins doing - but what if this is the actual misdirection? What if for some reason, Wonder Woman goes back to 1984 or even back to the 2nd war and saves Trevor, resulting in Diana from the future/present and Trevor from the past meeting in 1984? Johns is reportedly writing this, and I could see Jenkins being poised to finally right the ship of the DCEU and maybe even fix stuff like Batman's recasting with an younger actor. So... is that what they aiming for? I don't know. I just think it's interesting that Wonder Woman is potentially hinting at some sort of time travel here when Flashpoint was reportedly become just a "Flash movie". Maybe the film righting the ship is Wonder Woman after all.

A Delorean + 21.1 gigawatts

You guys barely know anything about what's happening in the movie and are already trying to say this movie completely ignores the DCU, that's cute. Loads of ways to write it without invalidating everything from the DCU.

With that said, I wouldn't mind a loose timeline like the X-Men movies if it gives directors the freedom to make great movies like it did for the X-Men, not at all.

• Like 5
  • Disbelief 1

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Nothing at all.

She’s amazing in the role. 

Its not easy for a stunning actress like that to get other females to relate to her character and not rely on her looks. She pulled it off big time! 

"stunning" what the hell are ya smoking

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Hade,Circe and Greek trippy stuff aside i have read some good theories.

1.The pond  Steve took a bath in while in Themyscira was a version of the Lazarus Pit.

2(i am not a fan of this one).Steve and Diana are destined to be together and always find their way to each other.

I like that theory, however given the type of explosion on the plane steve flew I doubt he can resurrect himself from ashes. 

19 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

You guys barely know anything about what's happening in the movie and are already trying to say this movie completely ignores the DCU, that's cute. Loads of ways to write it without invalidating everything from the DCU.

With that said, I wouldn't mind a loose timeline like the X-Men movies if it gives directors the freedom to make great movies like it did for the X-Men, not at all.

Star Wars icons- always a bad sign... Like a BO  poison. You should learn this.

• Like 1

Just now, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Holy fuck.Did they just announce that the main villain will not be in fact Cheetah but the greatest villain even in DC history.

I mean look at Steve's picture.Looks like the evil moustache that defeated JL is finally going to make its debut .

You've lost me.

40 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Wonder woman is supposed to help DCEU back on track, not abandon them.......