kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

Not trying to sound sexist, I know this is Wonder Woman's movie...but can someone please explain this Steve Trevor thing to me. How and why is he back.

Asking why Steve is back doesn't make you sexist.

No one knows why he is back yet.

Chris Pine was likely brought back because of how popular his character was in the first WW movie. Also releasing those pics brings a ton of attention to this movie which is a good thing.

I can see Steve being brought back to life in the end of this movie, and he could go on to have a long life and die of old age around the time whenever BvS was. That way Diana and Steve can have a happy life together, and Chris Pine can return for a possible Wonder Woman 3 which would be another period piece.

All the Diana looks longingly at the old WW1 photo in BvS and WW could just be Diana being nostalgic.

1 hour ago, Jandrew said:

Not trying to sound sexist, I know this is Wonder Woman's movie...but can someone please explain this Steve Trevor thing to me. How and why is he back.

It’s a movie based on a comic book where this stuff happens all the time. It’s not new 

20 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I can see Steve being brought back to life in the end of this movie, and he could go on to have a long life and die of old age around the time whenever BvS was. That way Diana and Steve can have a happy life together, and Chris Pine can return for a possible Wonder Woman 3 which would be another period piece.

It will be released in 2021 and set in 2000, and touch on important topics like the ascent of Britney, NSync and the new, new, new bubblegum pop movement, the Playstation 2, "Survivor"  and Castaway

3 hours ago, DAR said:

This isn't directed at anyone but since there's a good chance this thread will go to shit many many times within the next two years.   I'm just going to do a pre-emptive strike and say   what the hell is the matter with some of you?

The easiest and quickest way to stop these threads going to shit is threadbans for longer periods. Bash an actor, threadban, bash the studio, threadban, post anything that remotely resemble trolling, threadban and so on. 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

The easiest and quickest way to stop these threads going to shit is threadbans for longer periods. Bash an actor, threadban, bash the studio, threadban, post anything that remotely resemble trolling, threadban and so on. 

but black dynamite, i frequently bash actors and studios in these threads!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Why would it be a prequel? Have they made Wonder Woman films starring Gal Gadot and set in the DCEU in 2018?

All the movies are taking place in the past from when she was introduced in the future movies. So therefore a prequel trilogy if WW 3 takes place in the past also. 

All the movies are taking place in the past from when she was introduced in the future movies. So therefore a prequel trilogy if WW 3 takes place in the past also.

They are just taking advantage of the fact that WW is ageless and has lived a very long time to tell stories with her in the past. A sequel with her in present time would just be another superhero movie.

3 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

If they just started shooting, they are not going to show anything there (especially with two other DC movies releasing before WW84).

Im not saying they’ll show footage at Comic Con, but we might get a still of her in costume.