Jump to content
kayumanggi

WONDER WOMAN 1984 | June 5 2020 | Patty Jenkins signs deal to direct | Gal Gadot returns as Wonder Woman. Kristen Wiig is Cheetah. Pedro Pascal joins

Recommended Posts

So FUCKING HAPPY for Patty, for Gal and literally everyone involved. Truly deserved. Keep adding those zeros, WB. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This'll never work, female SHM's don't sell !

 

and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman? seriously? she's too Skinny and her breasts aren't big enough.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2017 at 5:05 AM, AndyK said:

This'll never work, female SHM's don't sell !

 

and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman? seriously? she's too Skinny and her breasts aren't big enough.

 

 

And she is so wooden and uncharismatic! She has zero personality!!

She will never be able to carry a blockbuster on her supermodel shoulders

and she will never get good reviews for her acting in any superhero franchise. Bet on it... :D 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warner Bros. is certainly amazing when it comes to promoting and creating hype for the right property. It  is killing it, and even though they only share the WB connection, this historic OW for the horror film gives me a really good feeling about the OW potential for Wonder Woman 2.

It has tons of audience goodwill in its side already...if the buzz builds and WB does their impeccable PR magic, December 13, 2019 will be...amazing for the amazing amazon. Wonderful even! 

Edited by Cochofles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge deal, biggest payday for a female director ever

 

Quote

Sources say Jenkins will receive directing and writing fees in the high seven figures (think somewhere in the $7 to $9 million range) on Wonder Woman 2 but, more significantly, will have a considerable backend. (At her peak, Nancy Meyers earned in the $5 million range, according to sources.) The deal is a superheroic leap for Jenkins, who was paid $1 million for directing the initial Wonder Woman but was looking to get something more on the level of Zack Snyder's pay after he directed Man of Steel, according to sources. 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Huge deal, biggest payday for a female director ever

 

 

Good for her, she definitely deserves it!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2017 at 6:37 PM, Cochofles said:

A planet in which WB FINALLY realizes the treasure trove of comic book characters with amazing box office potential on which they were sitting (beyond Superman and Batman). :D 

 

I just hope they can give Aquaman and The Flash the treatment they deserve so they can be massive hits as well.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super happy to have her back. Patty Jenkins gets Wonder Woman. Can't wait to see what she has in store for the sequel.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:43 PM, Cochofles said:

Warner Bros. is certainly amazing when it comes to promoting and creating hype for the right property. It  is killing it, and even though they only share the WB connection, this historic OW for the horror film gives me a really good feeling about the OW potential for Wonder Woman 2.

It has tons of audience goodwill in its side already...if the buzz builds and WB does their impeccable PR magic, December 13, 2019 will be...amazing for the amazing amazon. Wonderful even! 

On the other hand, Warners has "GeoStorm" (due out in October)to deal with...a film that has become a PR nightmare with the events of the past two weeks.

They have already withdrawn the one sheet posters from theaters, showing a man with a child running away from a huge flood of water with the slogan "Brave the Storm"....Not Warners fault, of course, but the timing is terrible....now is just not a good time for a cheesy "disaster porn" movie about killer storms.

And that Warners has sat on this film (completed in 2015) for two over two years does not give one much optimism as to quality. When a company allows a film to fester in it's vaults for that long is not a good sign.

Warners is like every studio: It will have it's hits and it's bombs. Just in 2015 they had a long series of big bombs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grim22 said:

Nancy Meyers earned in the $5 million range, according to sources.)

Maybe she was back end deal heavy (and sure her movies would be successful making the salary in advance a bit irrelevant), but that is really hard to believe that she was getting so little, look at how big the studio budget her rom-com movies were getting (70-80-85m), someone producing-writing-directing those was getting nearly if not over 10M for those 3 roles imo to make those budget goes that high, those were above the lines heavy cost.

 

Meyers track record is one of the best ever commercially.

 

I mean:

Worldwide (Unadjusted)

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year
1 What Women Want Par. $374.1 $182.8 48.9% $191.3 51.1% 2000
2 Something's Gotta Give Sony $266.7 $124.7 46.8% $142.0 53.2% 2003
3 It's Complicated Uni. $219.1 $112.7 51.5% $106.4 48.5% 2009
4 The Holiday Sony $205.1 $63.2 30.8% $141.9 69.2% 2006
5 The Intern WB $194.6 $75.8 38.9% $118.8 61.1% 2015
6 The Parent Trap BV $92.1 $66.3 72% $25.8 28% 1998

 

 

Parent Trap is the only below 200m and was a small 15m budget.

 

Her averages is better than even Tarantino.

 

A Paul Feig got much more than that for a comedy (writing-comedy-producing fee), without half of that track record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barnack said:

Maybe she was back end deal heavy (and sure her movies would be successful making the salary in advance a bit irrelevant), but that is really hard to believe that she was getting so little, look at how big the studio budget her rom-com movies were getting (70-80-85m), someone producing-writing-directing those was getting nearly if not over 10M for those 3 roles imo to make those budget goes that high, those were above the lines heavy cost.

 

Meyers track record is one of the best ever commercially.

 

I mean:

Worldwide (Unadjusted)

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year
1 What Women Want Par. $374.1 $182.8 48.9% $191.3 51.1% 2000
2 Something's Gotta Give Sony $266.7 $124.7 46.8% $142.0 53.2% 2003
3 It's Complicated Uni. $219.1 $112.7 51.5% $106.4 48.5% 2009
4 The Holiday Sony $205.1 $63.2 30.8% $141.9 69.2% 2006
5 The Intern WB $194.6 $75.8 38.9% $118.8 61.1% 2015
6 The Parent Trap BV $92.1 $66.3 72% $25.8 28% 1998

 

 

Parent Trap is the only below 200m and was a small 15m budget.

 

Her averages is better than even Tarantino.

 

A Paul Feig got much more than that for a comedy (writing-comedy-producing fee), without half of that track record.

 

Nancy Meyers was also in the late 90s thru the 2000s mainly. 5M was probably a lot by directorial standards since the main money went to securing big name actors and actresses for her movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.