kayumanggi

DEADPOOL II | 461.2 M overseas ● 785.8 M worldwide

20 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think X-Force can make it past the sensors since it won't heavily feature Deadpool but I wouldn't bet on it. 

I'm still kinda shocked that Logan got a release in China but this didn't. 

I feel like it’s the dialogue more than the violence that China isn’t a fan of.

8 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I don't know. I mean I get it for the first but this one definitely felt more meta and referential to things than raunchiness if that makes sense. And I can't imagine Fox let all the jokes in anyways since those are easy to take out for this movie because of the mask. 

I actually want to see the cut that they sent over :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Nova said:

I don't know. I mean I get it for the first but this one definitely felt more meta and referential to things than raunchiness if that makes sense. And I can't imagine Fox let all the jokes in anyways since those are easy to take out for this movie because of the mask. 

I actually want to see the cut that they sent over :ph34r:

#releasethechinacut

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sam said:

Removing Japan’s opening, that’s still a ~36M weekend, off only -35% from last weekend. Very great hold.

56M away from 400M OS. Off of a 41M weekend it just had, even with JW coming in some markets this weekend, I think 400M is possible. 

400M should easily happen, but won't go much higher than that. It will get 19-20M for the weekdays so it will be at 363-364M.

Assuming a 60% drop next weekend, it will do 16-17M. Cume would be 380M. 410M finish.

Even if it drops 65% and does 14-15M, it should manage 400M with 50% subsequent drops.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, Wolf Warrior 2 is insanely violent. Hell, even Mel Gibson's Hacksaw Ridge ( a war movie ) got released in China.  Both movies are very violent, but that wasn't a problem in China.

It sucks that Deadpool can't be released in China because of its dialogue, lol. 

Deadpool 2 surpassed the first one in Perú and is still going strong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, baumer said:

So is there a chance of this doing 400?

59 minutes ago, Nova said:

We have to see how it did this weekend and how badly it was hit by JW

It did around 32.6ish over the last 7 days including an estimated 18.5 this weekend. It only needs another 23.4m to get to 400. 

It will make that much even if it drops nearly 60% every week from here on out. Its looking good. 

And getting to 400 without China is a great achievement. Thats more than most SH movies do

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

It did around 32.6ish over the last 7 days including an estimated 18.5 this weekend. It only needs another 23.4m to get to 400. 

It will make that much even if it drops nearly 60% every week from here on out. Its looking good. 

And getting to 400 without China is a great achievement. Thats more than most SH movies do

So 700 is all but locked.  That's a very good retention from the first movie...something like a 10% decline.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

And with China it probably wouldn't have a decline worldwide.

Yea, but it didn't have China for DP, so that makes the numbers more fair.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

So 700 is all but locked.  That's a very good retention from the first movie...something like a 10% decline.  

Yeah I’d say its locked. Its only 44.7m away from 700m and it did 24.2m Dom and 32.6m OS in the past week (7 days). It can afford to drop 50% or more every week and still get to 700. 

Its also gonna have a much better retention OS. Maybe it might even match the first ones OS total. Its Dom thats gonna show a decrease of 15-20% or so

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1