kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 340.8 M overseas ● 468.0 M worldwide

The previous Bayformers did burn a lot of people, so many won't be excited to watch a 6th movie at all ( even though it's a prequel and it's not directed by Bay ).

This movie will have to count on word of mouth. I've already watched it, and it was cute. It's short and fast. There wasn't a lot of action. Like someone said, there's action during the start and during the third act. Most of the movie is focused on Bumblebee and the girl. 

That being said, I think people will enjoy it IF they watch it, lol. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

This movie will have to count on word of mouth. I've already watched it, and it was cute. It's short and fast. There wasn't a lot of action. Like someone said, there's action during the start and during the third act. Most of the movie is focused on Bumblebee and the girl. 

I want to see how this impacts China. Chinese love these movies mainly for the action sequences. I think the action at the end was added quickly (which is why they are so generic) because the producers realised that without much action, the film wouldn't do well in China. Not sure if the action in the last act would be enough.

Releasing it only a year after the last film was a mistake. Seems more like X-Men: First Class than Batman Begins. The makers of Batman Begins were always clear that it was not connected to the Burton/Schumacher movies. The makers of Bumblebee are still calling it a prequel to the Bay movies. 

Bumblebee

Domestic Total as of Dec. 23, 2018: $21,000,000 (Estimate)
Distributor: Paramount Release Date: December 21, 2018
Genre: Sci-Fi Action Runtime: 1 hrs. 54 min.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: $135 million

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $21,000,000    40.3%
Foreign:  $31,100,000    59.7%

Worldwide:  $52,100,000  
  • Like 2

Main overseas markets opened in would include Germany, Mexico, Brazil, Aus, UK Previews

Still to be released in a lot of markets including China, SK, Japan and India so that seems like.....ok? Not great by any means but could be worse?

Or is this a disappointment.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose