YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Also I'm guessing My Cousin Rachel did terrible if Everything Everything is higher with a 10th place gross of $505K for yesterday.

My Cousin Rachel would have done better in September or October, poor release date by Fox Searchlight. 

1 minute ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

My OW/DOM/WW  60/130/420 mil  prediction....:bourne:

Smashed it within a week. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jack said:

Nothing wrong about that.

What is wrong is that you showed some disrespect to a group of people who thinks differently without asking for reasons and made some kind of judgement that they are inferior.

No surprise you made someone mad at you.

You can call it a 55-60% drop, then change to 50-55% drop, then sub-50% drop, whatsover, it's fine.

I have respect for all those wrong predictions. They may have forgotten something in their calculations, maybe they are just making a quick guess, or they are just trolling, they are humans, they make mistakes, it's totally ok as long as they don't cross the line and start making a war.

And by the way, I think WW is the most human SH I've ever known, though she actually isn't one.

When? 

I have openly admitted that yes I didn't like Wonder Woman BUT I have never ever shown to disrespect to those who did like it or those who thought it would have a great drop this weekend. The only thing I've done is have a discussion about the type of legs that I thought this film would have....just like everyone else. 

Honestly im sick and tired of folks on here throwing out accusations at folks without ever showing any evidence or using hyperbole. Between Alisson23 always talking shit and posts like this....it's stuff like this that honestly makes this forum unbearable at times. The constant nitpicking at other people's words and differences of opinions is quite frankly extremely annoying. And it's not a coincidence that it only happens when a certain type of film opens up. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 10

18 minutes ago, Nova said:

When? 

I have openly admitted that yes I didn't like Wonder Woman BUT I have never ever shown to disrespect to those who did it like it or those who thought it would have a great drop this weekend. The only thing I've done is have a discussion about the type of legs that I thought this film would have....just like everyone else. 

Honestly im sick and tired of folks on here throwing out accusations at folks without ever showing any evidence or using hyperbole. Between Alisson23 always talking shit and posts like this....it's stuff like this that honestly makes this forum unbearable at times. The constant nitpicking at other people's words and differences of opinions is quite frankly extremely annoying. And it's not a coincidence that it only happens when a certain type of film opens up. 

Sorry i mistaken you with kissykins but you were there supporting. Look in the OW thread page 176. 

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24101-what-a-wonderful-weekend-ww-down-only-16-on-sunday-103m-weekend-pg-226/?page=176#comment-3037270

And I don't know or remember any weird, long user names like Alisson23, Krissykins, Subzero, fmpro, or XxYZ1234, or whatever... LOL. So don't expect me to remember those shiit.

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't think it would've done well anywhere honestly.

Yes, I don't think My Cousin Rachel would have had much appeal no matter when it was released. The first adaptation wasn't any great shakes and this one isn't either. Some stories are best left confined to the printed page.

7 minutes ago, Jack said:

Sorry i mistaken you with kissykins but you were there supporting. Look in the OW thread page 176. 

Supporting what exactly? You said I was being disrespectful to other posters who thought the film was going to drop under 50%. That was never the case. The only thing I've ever said is that those who think it's dropping more than 50% were most likely setting themselves up for disappointment (I've admitted I was wrong). That was my observation of how I thought the film was going to perform. That's not showing disrespect. That's merely having a difference of opinion. 

And knowing the type of poster @Krissykinsis I highly doubt they were being disrespectful either. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

Supporting what exactly? You said I was being disrespectful to other posters who thought the film was going to drop under 50%. That was never the case. The only thing I've ever said is that those who think it's dropping more than 50% were most likely setting themselves up for disappointment (I've admitted I was wrong). That was my observation of how I thought the film was going to perform. That's not showing disrespect. That's merely having a difference of opinion. 

And knowing the type of poster @Krissykinsis I highly doubt they were being disrespectful either. 

@Jack

All I said in that thread was:

"Why would a superhero movie drop less than 50%? 

Logan, original GOTG, Deadpool dropped high 50's. Even Dark Knight dropped 50%. 

I swear some people seem determined to have really unrealistic expectations for this film for some weird reason."

I thought people were piling on unrealistic expectations. I wasn't insulting them, I just thought people were being unreasonable to try and make it out as a failure for some reason. That's all.

Thank you @Nova

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Who's the one to judge that? It should be you? Or me? Or everyone else?

At least I felt those quotes have some disrespect towards me. You said you didn't mean it. I understand that. Nothing more. Move on, ok?

• Like 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

@Jack

All I said in that thread was:

"Why would a superhero movie drop less than 50%? 

Logan, original GOTG, Deadpool dropped high 50's. Even Dark Knight dropped 50%. 

I swear some people seem determined to have really unrealistic expectations for this film for some weird reason."

I thought people were piling on unrealistic expectations. I wasn't insulting them, I just thought people were being unreasonable to try and make it out as a failure for some reason. That's all.

Thank you @Nova

It's ok thanks for clearing that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jack said:

And I don't know or remember any weird, long user names like Alisson23, Krissykins, Subzero, fmpro, or XxYZ1234, or whatever... LOL. So don't expect me to remember those shiit.

Just incase anyone else thinks my user name is long and weird lol.

My name is Kris, and when I was a child my Mum used to call me "Krissykins".  :)

So there ya go! ;)

Anyone else care to explain their user name while Jack has us on this topic? lol. 

• Like 3