YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Hello moderation team I am being cyber-bullied by @aabattery, please deal with the situation of I will have no choice but to file a lawsuit

As long as there's no car puns I don't see a problem here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

my most futurist/ijack post: guardians 2 is much more bold and ambitious than logan/wonder woman narratively and visually. in keeping with the futurist/ijack theme i'm not gonna explain myself on that one either.

You gotta say the same thing four more times in the post

Guys, what if I told you that it's okay to disagree about the Marvel movies, and everyone can make a statement with proceeding to argue about it for several pages

• Like 6

Talking about villains. The only great SH villains are Joker and Loki and Hela(admit it, just from the trailer she has surpassed all other). 

Villains that transcend cinema are echantress's gyrating hips, Luthor's stammer and dr.manhattans dong. 

• Like 1

@Ethan Hunt have you seen the first GOTG? What did you think of it. I want to decide whether to go see the second one since there are some super cheap tickets here for the end of it's run. But the first one is probably my least favorite Marvel movie (haven't seen the Hulk movie though).

Just now, grey ghost said:

An expanding cinematic universe made those movies possible.

no shit. Have you not seen my praise of Wonder Woman. or The Winter Soldier. Or Iron Man 3

there are good movies with in cinematic universes

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

my most futurist/ijack post: guardians 2 is much more bold and ambitious than logan/wonder woman narratively and visually. in keeping with the futurist/ijack theme i'm not gonna explain myself on that one either.

You didn't call Gunn a "fucking GENIUS" enough.

Just now, James said:

@Ethan Hunt have you seen the first GOTG? What did you think of it. I want to decide whether to go see the second one since there are some super cheap tickets here for the end of it's run. But the first one is probably my least favorite Marvel movie (haven't seen the Hulk movie though).

I love the first gotg.

tim burton's batmen have the best villains if only because of the virtue that they're so clearly the characters he wanted to make a movie about. penguin in particular has so many similarities to your typical burton protagonist (i could make the argument for his joker too)

• Like 3