YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Fantastic Four Fun Fact :

Kate Mara and Jamie Bell were so depressed by the press tour they fell in love during the said press tour.

They are getting married as I speak.

Love Truly Conquers All.

Well I guess some good came out of that abomination. Jordan got creed and under pity marvel/coogler gave him a role in MCU which will last a couple of films. Teller, mara and bell though...Bell deserves better and more roles. Teller is getting roles but all are bombing financially and critically.  Same with Mara. Atleast she has The Martian on her resume..Haha. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I think Cars 3 settles for a $50M opening. I'm more interested in how Rough Night fares: the market is starving for a comedy and marketing has been plentiful, but I wonder if the premise is a tad too "mean-spirited" to take it to large numbers.

It'll fall in exactly the same range as Baywatch and Snatched IMO. Why the hell is WB sitting on The House?

Always thought Cars 3 would open with like mid-40s at best. And now that Alien and Pirates both dropped 30% on OW from disappointing predecessors I don't see why the tired 6-years-later sequel aimed at kids won't do the same. 

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Um, a critically praised 12 billion dollar mega franchise is kind of ambitious. 

I guess you guys want Marvel to have a critically praised 12 billion dollar mega franchise that also revolutionizes filmmaking every other movie. 

Which is like telling Micheal Jordan he broke lots of records and contributed much to basketball but he never dunked the ball with his feet.

Logan and Wonder Woman both clearly show where the MCU is failing ( at least as of recently)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Logan and Wonder Woman both clearly show where the MCU is failing ( at least as of recently)

As MCU movies continue to make all the money. 

Sure Jan.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

On another note, Cars 3 is probably coming in for a very muted OW. The lack of reviews this close to release for a Pixar movie is concerning, and presales aren't hot. I won't be surprised if it and All Eyez on Me are within 10M of each other.

The box office doesn't matter as the Cars merchandise sales alone will see a boost in revenue. Hopefully Disney and Pixar haven't overspent on the budget, the last film's budget was $200m!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Which is why GOTG grossed/is grossing nearly 400M DOM.

Just now, Nova said:

As MCU movies continue to make all the money. 

Sure Jan.

because box office is indicative of quality? ( I can't actually speak on Gaurdians though)

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i still think guardians is the best superhero picture of the year. fanboy for life.

Hide contents

of the stallion, that is.

YOU MAY DRESS LIKE US, BUT YOU'LL NEVER HEFHISHFOHSOFIHESGLHSGH

• Like 3

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i still think guardians is the best superhero picture of the year. fanboy for life.

Hide contents

of the stallion, that is.

YEEERRLLLLNERVVVRRRHEERRRRRRTHRHOOOOOORNSOVVVVVGONDROROROORJGJGHWEEEENYUUUUUUUUUUUDYYYYYYYYYYEYANDOO

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Where exactly is MCU failing because it's definitely not critically or box office wise or public reception wise? 

Edited by ZeeSoh