YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

do you think we can get someone a Boffy nomination for 3 minutes of screen time?

No.

We can get a Boffy win.

Edited by aabattery

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

because box office is indicative of quality? ( I can't actually speak on Gaurdians though)

No but if you add in the reviews and audience scores then it's really hard to say they're not of "quality" for what they're attempting to do. 

But GOTG2 was really really good. 

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

YEEERRLLLLNERVVVRRRHEERRRRRRTHRHOOOOOORNSOVVVVVGONDROROROORJGJGHWEEEENYUUUUUUUUUUUDYYYYYYYYYYEYANDOO

I was honestly waiting for a variation of this

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Where exactly is MCU failing because it's definitely not critically or box office wise or public reception wise? 

It's making movies that actually have any kind of ambition beyond being just another building block in their whatever they are building

• Like 1

Marvel is doing great and don't need to learn from anyone but themselves. I don't like all of their movies and I could do with less humor adding reshoots but I like the MCU overall. I do hope in the future they don't get too lazy and not try any innovation.

DC needs to learn from Wonder Woman more than anyone. Stop trying to make Superman dark and angsty when that's just not the character. I love Henry Cavill, allow him to show some charm and charisma. Allow all of your actors to have fun in the roles.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

1 minute ago, Nova said:

No but if you add in the reviews and audience scores then it's really hard to say they're not of "quality" for what they're attempting to do. 

But GOTG2 was really really good. 

audiences and critics can both be pretty stupid

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It's making movies that actually have any kind of ambition beyond being just another building block in their whatever they are building

I am so close to defecting to KJ right now.

Watch yourself, hater.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bonenash said:

Hi guys,

Gonna watch Mummy 99 in 10 mn :) Love this film the true Indiana jones 4 :D The music by Jerry goldsmith is gorgous. It's a summer popcorn from my childhood so i will never hate it .

BTW speaking of TOD i just came back from a screening in my City for the event "Il était une fois" Once upon a time it's an event of old movies that had an impact like Indiana jones trilogy Alien Godfather Shining Jaws etc :)

And on the screen (my first time ever) i was 1 month when the film came out :D it's totaly another story. At home it has no impact but in theater man seeing the hearh scene is prety intense  you walked out of the theater not feeling good even after the happy end. I understand the PG 13 creation after this film i f i was parent this time around i would be prety hungry on spielberg but it's another time.

The next week The last crusade my favorite one.

5ugvB0c.png

• Like 1

my most futurist/ijack post: guardians 2 is much more bold and ambitious than logan/wonder woman narratively and visually. in keeping with the futurist/ijack theme i'm not gonna explain myself on that one either.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

On another note, Cars 3 is probably coming in for a very muted OW. The lack of reviews this close to release for a Pixar movie is concerning, and presales aren't hot. I won't be surprised if it and All Eyez on Me are within 10M of each other.

So, you're saying Wonder Woman's winning that weekend, too, then?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

do you think we can get someone a Boffy nomination for 3 minutes of screen time?

Well the fucks on this board didn't even nominate Eisenberg for BvS, so

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So being the first to create a shared universe on this scale that literally every other studio has tried to copy and mostly failed was not ambitious? :rolleyes:

Using their c and d list superheroes and making them more successful than members of the holy trinity and other iconic super heroes also lacks ambition? Riiiiiigght. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

my most futurist/ijack post: guardians 2 is much more bold and ambitious than logan/wonder woman narratively and visually. in keeping with the futurist/ijack theme i'm not gonna explain myself on that one either.

alright. we'll see when I finally get around to it