YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

i like kate mara. kinda a shame she can't bag a hit. from a billionaire family so my heart isn't exactly bleeding for her though. i know she's been at the whole acting thing way longer than rooney and you can't help but think all that acclaim pisses her off deeply (feud season 3. that'll be a gig for her) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

They're trying a new direction of making you really hate the villains.

I don't think it's been confirmed or anything but they've definitely been teasing it. And you know it's the kind of dumb shit they'd love to pull on us.

i thought danny huston in wonder woman was gonna be a problem for me but he turned it around. a hammy awful german accent goes a long way. for sure the only performance i've enjoyed out of him. more proof that film is a miracle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Fantastic Four Fun Fact :

Kate Mara and Jamie Bell were so depressed by the press tour they fell in love during the said press tour.

They are getting married as I speak.

Love Truly Conquers All.

Your Title should say "Fantastic Four SAD Fact:" -- falling for one another during depress circumstances is truly sad.

• Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i thought danny huston in wonder woman was gonna be a problem for me but he turned it around. a hammy awful german accent goes a long way. for sure the only performance i've enjoyed out of him. more proof that film is a miracle.

I'm unbelievably excited for the sniffing gifs of him. I will greatly enjoy sending them @Chewy's way.

30 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

You hate Alien even more than me. :lol: 

I'm surprised that most of persons aren't noticing at how bad it is bombing, it will barely double it's budget after all, I'm kinda sad that the franchise ended on such a low note, but I'm glad that Ridley will stop embarrassing his legacy. 

Actually, I liked the movie. I am just laughing at its box-office and the delusional fans and fox's/Ridley's arrogance/overconfidence. 

What's funny is that I felt LIFE was a better movie and deserved to do what AC did at box-office if not more. AC should have done atleast 330 WW..But damn.

On another note, Cars 3 is probably coming in for a very muted OW. The lack of reviews this close to release for a Pixar movie is concerning, and presales aren't hot. I won't be surprised if it and All Eyez on Me are within 10M of each other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

On another note, Cars 3 is probably coming in for a very muted OW. The lack of reviews this close to release for a Pixar movie is concerning, and presales aren't hot. I won't be surprised if it and All Eyez on Me are within 10M of each other.

Who's going to buy presales for Cars 3? Don't think that has anything to do with its opening 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

WW is sort of a minor miracle of hammy accents. 

especially on fantasy island. they had to go the Oliver Stone's Alexander route of every other actor wrestling with the lead actor's accent. a fun time.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Cars 3 was made because of that billion dollar merchandising. I really think it's going to be among the lower grossing Pixar movies. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think Cars 3 settles for a $50M opening. I'm more interested in how Rough Night fares: the market is starving for a comedy and marketing has been plentiful, but I wonder if the premise is a tad too "mean-spirited" to take it to large numbers.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

this

I'm not surprised it's successful. but man would it kill them to have a little ambition?

Um, a critically praised 12 billion dollar mega franchise is kind of ambitious. 

I guess you guys want Marvel to have a critically praised 12 billion dollar mega franchise that also revolutionizes filmmaking every other movie. 

Which is like telling Micheal Jordan he broke lots of records and contributed much to basketball but he never dunked the ball with his feet.

• Like 1