YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

You get what I'm saying though, to say 100% means zero possible chance in any simulation it gets below $300m. It may get over but that doesn't mean it's 100% right now. 

Of course, but you know I've been on this movie's bandwagon since before the summer:)...

If you want a serious response...a little chance it misses, but it's unlikelier by the day:)...

• Like 1

Just now, miketheavenger said:

Oh boy. If this is the thread for the weekend where a Mummy film starring Tom Cruise opens, the weekend threads come November are gonna be the apocalpyse for this forum.

You could say it's the BOT Ragnarok

• Like 4

Just now, Webslinger said:

To be fair, I think this forum cares about a Mummy film with Tom Cruise just as much/relatively little as the general public.

Indeed. In fact, I doubt Cruise will get any of the blame for this. This is all on the filmmakers and Universal.

2 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Oh boy. If this is the thread for the weekend where a Mummy film starring Tom Cruise opens, the weekend threads come November are gonna be the apocalpyse for this forum.

Been saying this for weeks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Trying to make up for Baywatch huh.

Go big or go home:)...better to make bold calls and blow it than an easy one like Star8 will make over $500M and win the year (like no duh:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

From HR

he reboot — the first title in the studio's new monsters-themed Dark Universe — is projected to gross $11 million or so Friday, including $2.6 million in Thursday previews, for a dismal $30 million to $32 million domestic debut. The Mummy is off to a stronger start internationally.

Wonder Woman, the hit superhero film directed by Patty Jenkins, remains a champ in its second weekend. The Warner Bros. movie is expected to earn $15 million Friday for a $51 million-plus weekend, a drop of less than 50 percent. That's almost unheard of for a superhero film

• Like 3

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Go big or go home:)...better to make bold calls and blow it than an eays one like Star8 will make over $500M and win the year (like no duh:)...

True. Baywatch also screwed me over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

True. Baywatch also screwed me over.

I'd like this post, too (damn like limit)...that movie is my worst call this year by far so far looking back at my bold 2017 predictions and summer top 15 (worse than my overestimating Lego Batman, since I was at least a little close on that one:)...

• Like 1

Hypothetical speaking for November, I can see a lot of unexpected over performances:

Thor, if really good, with more ramped up marketing, and shows off more Hulk and Doctor Strange can have an IM2 like performance domestically but not $150M+/$350M+ some are predicting.

Bad Mom's XMas can explode too, it just needs to look funny.

The Star, although a SPA film, if good and looks good to the GA can surprise. It could be a leggy hit benefit massively for being a Christmas movie. 

JL while it won't reach $450M for numerous reasons, it'll break the November OW and do Catching Fire numbers if it is good.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Hopefully the ban hammer doesn't break.

1 minute ago, cookie said:

giphy.gif

I think the safest course of action is preemptively banning a certain user. It's the only way to be sure. 

• Like 2