WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

16 minutes ago, grimfandango said:

We get it: you hate WW, you've always hated WW, and there is no WW film that could have possibly been made that would have made you like a WW film.

Lmao, now this is projecting your own thoughts of someone. I have never hated WW as a character, nor have I ever expressed such thoughts on here because they don't fucking exist. 

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

You can see Sony is a mess when they can't even get a movie like Life to make a profit theatrically. Solid movie, with a popular cast and a cheap budget, it should have made way more money.

@Telemachos made sure his scathing review took business away. :redcapes:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Y'all were never this toxic to me back when I was one of the few criticizing Rogue One. 

Oh we were. We were.

You just buried it within a few weeks with the start of your descent into a crush stalker

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Oh we were. We were.

You just buried it within a few weeks with the start of your descent into a crush stalker

That didn't start until 2 months after Rogue One :kitschjob: 

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I can't wait to see his ass whuped on Wednesday.

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

I hope he wins in the end and the final shot is his mouth smiling with those bad looking teeths lmao. 

The real winner will be Peter Stormare's character from the original film breaking out of prison and inadvertently running over the main characters in his getaway car.

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You can see Sony is a mess when they can't even get a movie like Life to make a profit theatrically. Solid movie, with a popular cast and a cheap budget, it should have made way more money.

You need to do such a giant box office to achieve that make a profit theatrically mark (depending on what you mean by that), it is really not easy for a movie in the small/mid budget to do, take an giant success and very profitable movie for Sony in that range like Captain Phillips (218 million ww), it didn't came close to that.

Captain Philips:

World Theatrical rental: 52.147 dbo + 43.77 int = 95.917 million

Net Production budget : 59.773 million

World theatrical release cost: 98.797 million

The movie did a little less from theater than what it did cost to release it, and that is perfectly normal for small to mid budget movie, they rarely do more from tickets sales than the massive cost of a world release, let alone start to pay for any production cost, if you achieve to pay all your release P&A or close to do so just from the theater ticket sales, you are usually in a very good position.

It was still 62.65 million in the red without counting the overhead cost (7.17m) and Hanks/Greengrass bonus that started, Captain Philips would have needed to do more than 350 million at the box office to make a profit theatrically for an example of movie with a lower than 60 million budget, no studio make a profit theatrically with a movie like Life imo (and it is not something that happen much in reality really).

It could have opened higher with a better release date and maybe a bit better marketing, but the movie got a 46% from RT top critics, C+ cinemascore and a 59% Audience score on RT, i doubt it would have done that much better has a WB release.

• Like 1

Cars" becomes Pixar's 2nd Trilogy behind "Toy Story".  Decent numbers mainly because the merchandising for Cars is always huge so kids do enjoy the franchise.  It's doing about what you expect based on the first 2 films performance.   "Wonder Woman" is going to have the best legs of the DCEU clearly based on these last 2 weekend holds.   "All Eyez on Me" did pretty well again competition. Again the Hip Hop Cinematic Universe in full effect.  I saw "Alien:C" topped the China Box Office.  Dispite it falling apart domestically, globally Ridley Prequel series officially crosses 600 Million WW between "Prometheus" and "Covenant".   

8 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

02.16 BLACK PANTHER

04.13 NEW MUTANTS

05.04 AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

06.01 DEADPOOL II

06.15 THE INCREDIBLES II

07.06 ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

10.05 VENOM

11.02 DARK PHOENIX

12.14 ANIMATED SPIDER-MAN

12.21 AQUAMAN

I think ANT-MAN AND THE WASP staying flat from the first should already be an achievement. It is the movie that I think will be affected the most by this cbm saturation. Not expecting much from VENOM. Will it be rated R?

Upon reflection, it is actually better for WB not to release any CBM other than Aquaman. There are just way too many high profile CBMs next year. I guess Kevin did the right thing by slowing the engine and having time to get its act together. :redcapes: 

Dark Phoenix has a bad director and will disappoint at the box office and critically and Venom's is being made by Sony who will probably micromanage the project into a bad movie like they have been doing for years now. WB could have easily released another film in 2018 if another project was ready.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

I see that Hot Take Han is all :stirthepot:

6 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I like the first CAP quite a bit, but the whole second half feels like one giant unfocused montage. And of course the Sebastian Stan black hole doesn't help. 

It also has the problem that Hugo Weaving comes across as completely uninterested in the film.

3 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

I see that Hot Take Han is all :stirthepot:

It also has the problem that Hugo Weaving comes across as completely uninterested in the film.

I think he's pretty fun in it, but paradoxically he's more fun when he's still wearing his human mask. Going into the movie, I thought it would be just the reverse -- that he'd be most amazing in full Red Skull regalia. 

Wonder Woman was HUGE at my theatre today. Cars also did extremely well. 

The crappy weather probably also helped, but there were so many families going for Father's Day, I'm going to say actuals go up by at least 1-2M

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I think he's pretty fun in it, but paradoxically he's more fun when he's still wearing his human mask. Going into the movie, I thought it would be just the reverse -- that he'd be most amazing in full Red Skull regalia. 

I'd imagine that's because of how much he disliked the makeup. I recall him being pretty vocal about that particular aspect of the role.

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I'd imagine that's because of how much he disliked the makeup. I recall him being pretty vocal about that particular aspect of the role.

It might literally just be the limitations of it. I mean, it's pretty impressive prosthetics, but nothing like the little tics and twitches of his actual full expressions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

http://deadline.com/2017/06/the-journey-hare-krishna-maudie-specialty-box-office-1202115492/

Beatriz at Dinner isn't going wide next weekend like Lionsgate said; instead, it'll be in around 350 theaters. It seems like Focus intends on expanding Book of Henry.

Beatriz at Dinner is doing great in limited release so far but a slow rollout sounds like the best possible plan. The Book of Henry will likely have a PTA lower than its theater count if it expands to over 1K theaters next weekend, it's lucky it didn't open worse considering how poisonous the reviews were.

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Wonder Woman was HUGE at my theatre today. Cars also did extremely well. 

The crappy weather probably also helped, but there were so many families going for Father's Day, I'm going to say actuals go up by at least 1-2M

Did WW do more at your theater than it did yesterday?

• Like 1