aabattery

A Simple Favor | Sep 21 2018 | Paul Feig thriller with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

45 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

selena and taylor updated instagram stories praising the movie. maybe it'll gross 1M more this weekend now LOL

taylor

Dnpjy5dUUAAo5VD.jpg

selena

DnpoZqXU4AAkV7l.jpg

Taylor Swift AND Selena Gomez approved? If the Queen of Pop and the Queen of Pop's best friend says its great, well then we all know what that means. 

Let me go watch it again. 

Edited by Nova

6 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

she totally deserves one. she's underrated because people somehow associate it to the trash that was GG

What Richard Lawson said. Her body of work since that show has been impressive imo I didn't watch Cafe Society but I did watch the other films mentioned and all those characters she played were so vastly different and yet she nailed every single one of them. It's crazy how people still latch onto the idea that she can't act and the other chick from gossip girl should have been the breakout (although literally nothing she's been in since that show has been watchable so I don't get it?) but I'm really hoping she's careful with what roles she chooses next because with the right role, I do think she'll get her Oscar nom. That's again if she chooses correctly. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

What Richard Lawson said. Her body of work since that show has been impressive imo I didn't watch Cafe Society but I did watch the other films mentioned and all those characters she played were so vastly different and yet she nailed every single one of them. It's crazy how people still latch onto the idea that she can't act and the other chick from gossip girl should have been the breakout (although literally nothing she's been in since that show has been watchable so I don't get it?) but I'm really hoping she's careful with what roles she chooses next because with the right role, I do think she'll get her Oscar nom. That's again if she chooses correctly.  

she's 31 so she has plenty of time but yeah i agree. her acting was so good in those movies, too bad AISIY was so bad, i loved the trailer but the movie... NO. I think choosing the rhytm section was a mistake tho, unless the budget is under 50m, cause I dont see it doing big numbers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

she's 31 so she has plenty of time but yeah i agree. her acting was so good in those movies, too bad AISIY was so bad, i loved the trailer but the movie... NO. I think choosing the rhytm section was a mistake tho, unless the budget is under 50m, cause I dont see it doing big numbers

All I See Is You (I watched on Netflix) has such a horrid story and it pissed me off because she was actually really good in it and it had an interesting premise but the movie literally went NO WHERE! Like whoever wrote that film should be ashamed because there wasn't even a story to it. It'll be interesting to see how her action film does though both at the box office and critically. It's being produced by the James Bond producers so I imagine they're going to try and sell it as their female Bond franchise which imo could help it with the international numbers. Not sure about domestic though. 

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Also she was in The Town, and it is definitely far cry from everything listed in that tweet,

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 5:58 PM, Nova said:

Taylor Swift AND Selena Gomez approved? If the Queen of Pop and the Queen of Pop's best friend says its great, well then we all know what that means. 

Let me go watch it again. 

So is this movie for a certain demographic?  I was thinking about seeing it on discount Tuesday and taking my mom (who loves going to the movies), but that goofy Taylor Swift pic doesn't inspire confidence.

4 minutes ago, Gamera said:

So is this movie for a certain demographic?  I was thinking about seeing it on discount Tuesday and taking my mom (who loves going to the movies), but that goofy Taylor Swift pic doesn't inspire confidence.

Nah. FWIW when I saw it opening weekend most of my audience was middle-aged/older women in a sold out auditorium.

13 minutes ago, Gamera said:

I didn't feel like it was for a specific demographic while watching it. Also I had two different audiences when I saw the film. I saw it on a Monday afternoon and while it wasn't full, my screening was mostly seniors. Then when I saw it again this weekend, it was a mixed crowd. 

Edited by Nova

10 hours ago, Gamera said:

taylor swift is 29 years old. and she's a smart person. you think you're some special gifted person or something?

• Like 1