aabattery

A Simple Favor | Sep 21 2018 | Paul Feig thriller with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively

41 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

Finally saw it and it was GREAT, esp. the part with

Hide contents

the twins. blake did a great job.

both leads were incredible!

So glad you finally got to see it and enjoyed it!! :) 

I would love to see Anna and Blake do another film like this together tbh 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Nova said:

So glad you finally got to see it and enjoyed it!! :) 

I would love to see Anna and Blake do another film like this together tbh 

Yeah had to wait until it leaked in HD ha

they have great chemistry. kinda sad these kind of roles didnt give them a gg nom. like... i guess they only award period pieces or dramas... meh

im kinda bummed blake does like one movie per year tho and hasnt still filmed the husband's secret which was announced like 2 years ago...

Edited by TombRaider
  • Like 1

“Blake Lively is an honest-to-goodness movie star. First of all, she is a good actress who makes movies that people want to see. Second, when Hollywood bothers to give her an old-fashioned star vehicle, she seems to be able to put butts in the seats”.

“And now that she has opened three small-scale programmers over three years, we might have to acknowledge that she’s a draw too”.

“She opened Lionsgate’s The Age of Adaline, a mostly straight-forward romantic drama about a woman rendered ageless after a freak accident and spends the next 80 years as a 29-year old, to $13 million and watched it leg out to $42.6m domestic and $65m worldwide. That’s not a huge figure, but it’s about on par with the domestic gross of Lionsgate’s John Wick ($43m from a $14m debut) from six months earlier that had the benefit of free media attention and a “safer” genre”.

"She starred almost entirely by herself (al Sandra Bullock in Gravity or Tom Hanks in Cast Away) in Jaume Collet-Serra’s acclaimed shark thriller The Shallows. Sony’s summer 2016 release opened with $16m and legged it to $59m domestic and $119m worldwide on a $17m budget"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/10/04/blake-lively-is-an-underrated-actress-and-a-genuine-movie-star/amp/

And now "A Simple Favor" has grossed $96.5m on a $20m, making it her third star vehicles in a row to be certified hit. Looks like all that time Hollywood spend trying to make Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill they had a movie star already with for the past decade.

whew queen!

• Like 5

21 hours ago, TombRaider said:

“Blake Lively is an honest-to-goodness movie star. First of all, she is a good actress who makes movies that people want to see. Second, when Hollywood bothers to give her an old-fashioned star vehicle, she seems to be able to put butts in the seats”.

“And now that she has opened three small-scale programmers over three years, we might have to acknowledge that she’s a draw too”.

“She opened Lionsgate’s The Age of Adaline, a mostly straight-forward romantic drama about a woman rendered ageless after a freak accident and spends the next 80 years as a 29-year old, to $13 million and watched it leg out to $42.6m domestic and $65m worldwide. That’s not a huge figure, but it’s about on par with the domestic gross of Lionsgate’s John Wick ($43m from a $14m debut) from six months earlier that had the benefit of free media attention and a “safer” genre”.

"She starred almost entirely by herself (al Sandra Bullock in Gravity or Tom Hanks in Cast Away) in Jaume Collet-Serra’s acclaimed shark thriller The Shallows. Sony’s summer 2016 release opened with $16m and legged it to $59m domestic and $119m worldwide on a $17m budget"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/10/04/blake-lively-is-an-underrated-actress-and-a-genuine-movie-star/amp/

And now "A Simple Favor" has grossed $96.5m on a $20m, making it her third star vehicles in a row to be certified hit. Looks like all that time Hollywood spend trying to make Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill they had a movie star already with for the past decade.

whew queen!

I guess Kendrick and the sharks get no respect, and All I See is You gets no mention. :lol:

I think she's done well in low to mid range fare but Mendelsohn's takes are as always - ridiculously skewed and cherry picked.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

I watched this the other day, it was good but got a little silly towards the end

Spoiler

with the whole Prius thing, and I think there was maybe one twist too many. These types of movies are intentionally convoluted and hard to follow but wouldn't Anna Kendrick's character not needed to clear the husband's name if she didn't help try to frame him in the first place? That didn't make any sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This started off really strong with two really strong female leads but the ending was a bit silly.

You finally watched a movie well outside your comfort zone of record setting blockbusters? I’m hearing the lyrics of “Oh Happy Day.”

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

You finally watched a movie well outside your comfort zone of record setting blockbusters? I’m hearing the lyrics of “Oh Happy Day.”

Well I am a fan of the two female leads or else this is usually a film I would skip. 

I do check out smaller films a lot actually, I just usually find them to be not as great as some users fanboy about them on here. 😄

This was a perfect example of one of them 

Edited by Lordmandeep

WTF is going on with Blake's career? Any other starlet with her resume at this point would have secured either a superhero film (as a lead or co-lead, not in a girlfriend role like she did in Green Lantern) , a decently budgeted suspense thriller from an in-demand director, or a high concept Hollywood blockbuster wannabe alongside a big male star. She has charisma to spare, she is a solid actor, and she has had three decent performers in a row. Oh, and she is a young gorgeous blonde, which always helps in Hollywood. Who manages her? Is it that she is too picky or something? Is her hubby low-key sabotaging her career? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2019 at 3:26 PM, TombRaider said:

if shes pregnant again im gonna be pissed off

She's pregnant again :ph34r:

On 1/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

WTF is going on with Blake's career? Any other starlet with her resume at this point would have secured either a superhero film (as a lead or co-lead, not in a girlfriend role like she did in Green Lantern) , a decently budgeted suspense thriller from an in-demand director, or a high concept Hollywood blockbuster wannabe alongside a big male star. She has charisma to spare, she is a solid actor, and she has had three decent performers in a row. Oh, and she is a young gorgeous blonde, which always helps in Hollywood. Who manages her? Is it that she is too picky or something? Is her hubby low-key sabotaging her career? 

Some actors/actresses are just content doing low risk, high reward projects. If a $20M budget movie bombs then it's not that much of a career killer versus $100M budget film bombing for example. And it's a lot easier to have your work be seen as a success if you're doing the mid to lower budget movies that gross like $80M or so which is kinda what she's done for her last several films. Having said that, her next movie is an EON produced action film directed by an Emmy winning director starring Jude Law and Sterling K Brown so maybe she is waiting to see how that film does before committing to anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Nova said:

She's pregnant again :ph34r:

Some actors/actresses are just content doing low risk, high reward projects. If a $20M budget movie bombs then it's not that much of a career killer versus $100M budget film bombing for example. And it's a lot easier to have your work be seen as a success if you're doing the mid to lower budget movies that gross like $80M or so which is kinda what she's done for her last several films. Having said that, her next movie is an EON produced action film directed by an Emmy winning director starring Jude Law and Sterling K Brown so maybe she is waiting to see how that film does before committing to anything else.  

I hope she isnt. we'd have no new movie from her apart from TRS in like 3 years 😕

And I think she really needs to be cast in a superhero movie. Mera would have been PERFECT for her. She cant get cast in marvel because of scarlett johansson

btw missed you.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=12938533

Edited by TombRaider
  • Like 1