grim22

June 23-25 Weekend Thread | TF5 45M, Cars 3 24.0, Wonder Woman 24.9 (10th highest 4th weekend of all time and biggest 4th weekend of 2017)

I'm black, I get that so-called black movies or movies with predominantly black casts are under predicted at the box office but All Eyez on me wasn't really one of those cases. Yes it opened with slightly more than the average 20-25mil prediction but it also always showed that it was massively front loaded.

I hated the fawning articles about it's box office last weekend that barely mentioned that it was sure to die after opening weekend. Eyez was only an event on it's inflated opening day and that's it. I don't think it's opening weekend deserved all of the attention and accolades that it received. The film is already a distant memory.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Titanic, gave me the best impressive movie experience of all time, it's not the best movie of all time, but gave me so much emotional impact....I cried non-stop in that movie, and that kind of melancholy was so brutal..... 

Would give this 100 likes (if I had any left)...my future spouse thought something was wrong b/c I cried for an hour after that 1st viewing...got better on subsequent viewings and cried a normal "you're not having a breakdown" amount:)...he didn't understand I loved it and yet was still crying that hard!:)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Would give this 100 likes (if I had any left)...my future spouse thought something was wrong b/c I cried for an hour after that 1st viewing...got better on subsequent viewings and cried a normal "you're not having a breakdown" amount:)...he didn't understand I loved it and yet was still crying that hard!:)

i think there are many men that we cried with Titanic and in any way gave us the oportunity to be less hard with our emotions.

I think Titanic was a breakdown for many reasons and for this is so mythical movie, that for some is something special in our lives.

• Like 1

Also from Deadline, The Big Sick and The Beguiled are doing sensational in limited release. Hopefully translates to great expansion numbers for both.

The Big Sick (AMAZ/LGF), 5 theaters / $105K Fri. / 3-day cume: $322K to $400K / Per screen: $64K to $80K / Wk 1

The Beguiled (FOC), 4 theaters / $68K Fri. / 3-day cume: $210K / Per screen: $52,190 / Wk 1

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

he didn't understand I loved it and yet was still crying that hard!:)

Weird. Never heard of one crying and not loving a film. I mean, that's a sign of being touched by it.

Well, the exception may be a fanboy waiting 10 years for a movie to finally be released only to find it horrible but i don't think that applies to a film like Titanic...

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

2 minutes ago, setna said:

i think there are many men that we cried with Titanic and in any way gave us the oportunity to be less hard with our emotions.

I think Titanic was a breakdown for many reasons and for this is so mythical movie, that for some is something special in our lives.

I remember when 3D-release in 2012, the theater that I was in, people that came out still in tear for what'd just saw, Titanic was so beloved among GA.

I understand the reason of all the haters, because Titanic was so successful that no-one would easily replicate or by hard, it is movie of generation and instant classic, not much film achieved that fate ever since

BTW, I've also running out of my likes  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Saw it 7 times in the theater, cried every time.  Titanic is the most emotionally galvanising movie I've ever seen.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, grey ghost said:

My priceless advice:

1) master the art of refreshing honesty and moment of zen spontaneity (smart women will appreciate what separates you from all the wannabe players)

2) ask every attractive girl you see if they want to smoke ganja and get some chinese (the right ones will say yes)

3) have as much fun with beautifully flawed women while you can (wear a rubber dude)

4) If you find a girl who is eye candy, has an addictive personality, is honest/reasonable/loyal and truly appreciates you (warts and all) and you're over 25 years old, PUT A RING ON IT.

Hide contents

Ku6qalb.gif

Or do the opposite of all this:)...my spouse was married before 25 (and I was married at 21 - engaged at 19 - laugh now - I am the youngest mom of a teen of all my friends by far:)...I planned to get married at 30, after college and grad school and my military commitment, but he fell in my lap...and when you meet the best guy alive, and he wants to marry you the 1st week he met you...you string him along for 12 months to see if he says that b/c he believes it or was making a play for more nooky every week (which he got repeatedly shot down for - he thanks me to this day:)...and then you agree it's a good idea and take the plunge!

The right person is honest, fun, cares more about you than himself/herself, has a moral code that will have him backing you through thick and thin, and believes in marriage not just as a piece of paper.  And it helps if he/she's hot and you have chemistry...but those are not the most important points:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Holy fuck @ The Big Sick and The Beguiled :ohmygod: 

LMAO ALL EYEZ ON ME :rofl: Why didn't I keep be -80% prediction? :sadben: 

47 Meters continues defying expectations.

POTC is having some strong late legs.

Good to see CU have a sub-40 drop.

4 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

http://deadline.com/2017/06/transformers-the-last-knight-opening-weekend-box-office-1202118976/

1). Transformers: The Last Knight (PAR), 4,069 theaters / $15.65M Wed. (includes Tuesday preview of $5.5M) / $8.1M Thurs. / $13.6M to $14M+ Fri. / 3-day cume: $40M to $42M / Total cume: $65M+ / Wk 1

2). Wonder Woman (WB), 3,933 theaters (-85) / $7.5M Fri. / 3-day cume: $27.5M to $27.8M / Total: $319M / Wk 4

3). Cars 3 (DIS), 4.256 theaters (o) / $7.7M to $8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $26M to $27M (-52%) / Total: $100M+ / Wk 2

4.). 47 Meters Down (ENT), 2,471 theaters (+201) / $2.2M Fri. / 3-day cume: $6.57M (-38%) / Total: $23.5M / Wk 2

5.). The Mummy (Uni), 2,980 theaters (-827) / $1.7M Fri. / 3-day cume: $6.1M / Total: $68.9M / Wk 3

6.). Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales  (DIS), 2,453 theaters (-68) / $1.8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $6.4M / Total: $161M / Wk 5

7.). All Eyez On Me (LGF), 2,471 theaters (0) / $1.8M Fri. / 3-day cume: $5.4M (-79%) / Total: $38.2M / Wk 2

8.). Captain Underpants  (DWA/20TH), 2,328 theaters (-44) / $1.87M Fri. / 3-day cume: $5.5M to $6.4M / Total: $67M / Wk 4

9.). Rough Night (SONY), 3,162 theaters (0) / $1.6M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.5M to $5M (-44%) / Total: $16.5M to $17M / Wk 2

10). Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2  (DIS), 1,468 theaters (-72) / $1M+ Fri. / 3-day cume: $3.4M to $3.7M / Total: $380.8M / Wk 8

Phenomenal holds for WW, POTC and Guardians. WW should hit 380M+, POTC 173-175M and Guardians 390M+.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Saw it 7 times in the theater, cried every time.  Titanic is the most emotionally galvanising movie I've ever seen.

To be honest, I only first watched titanic in 2012(for 3D-release), I was too young to saw it in cinema in 1997.

I saw it only 4 times in theater, all in 3D, and I kept begging my classmate and friend to watch it with me in cinema, in the 3rd viewing, I've managed to summon 30+ of my classmate to see "old" film in 3D, that was my biggest achievement in my high-school life(sound pathetic)!!! 

Titanic was so epic and addictive, I couldn't judge it with my rationality! I know it's flawed in some way, but my love to titanic was too strong for my brain to admit that  

• Like 2

Pirates has really found it's stride.....those late  legs are quite something.  GOTG could get to 390.  Amazing.  The Mummy crumbles, which isn't surprising after the theater loss and Rough Night might not hit 25 million....well it probably will but not much more.  And All Eyez....

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

To be honest, I only first watched titanic in 2012(for 3D-release), I was too young to saw it in cinema in 1997.

I saw it only 4 times in theater, all in 3D, and I kept begging my classmate and friend to watch it with me in cinema, in the 3rd viewing, I've managed to summon 30+ of my classmate to see "old" film in 3D, that was my biggest achievement in my high-school life(sound pathetic)!!! 

Titanic was so epic and addictive, I couldn't judge it with my rationality! I know it's flawed in some way, but my love to titanic was too strong for my brain to admit that  

I can't find any flaws in it.  It's a perfect ten for me and I've seen it perhaps 20X.  And it's still not Cameron's best film lol.  IMO Aliens is his best.

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Pirates has really found it's stride.....those late  legs are quite something.  GOTG could get to 390.  Amazing.  The Mummy crumbles, which isn't surprising after the theater loss and Rough Night might not hit 25 million....well it probably will but not much more.  And All Eyez....

I do think Disney will do another Pirates but it'll likely be the last one 

• Like 1