Eric Duncan

Molly's Game l STX l 12/25/17 (Limited), 1/5/18 (Wide) l Sorkin Directs Chastain/Elba | Closes AFI Film Festival

http://deadline.com/2017/07/jessica-chastain-aaron-sorkin-mollys-game-melissa-mccarthy-happytime-murders-opening-dates-stx-1202123166/

Aaron Sorkin’s feature adaptation of Molly Bloom’s memoir Molly’s Game will open the Wednesday before Thanksgiving on Nov. 22, STX Entertainment announced.

Molly’s Game tells the story of Bloom (played by Jessica Chastain), once an Olympic-class skier who, following an injury, ran the world’s most exclusive high-stakes poker game for a decade before being arrested in the middle of the night by 17 FBI agents wielding automatic weapons. Her players included Hollywood royalty, sports stars, business titans and finally, unbeknownst to her, the Russian mob. Her only ally was her criminal defense lawyer Charlie Jaffey, who learned that there was much more to Molly than the tabloids led us to believe. STX acquired Sorkin’s feature directorial debut for an estimated $9M. The pic finished shooting during the early spring with the studio showing off some great footage at CinemaCon. Pic also stars Kevin Costner, Idris Elba, Michael Cera, Jeremy Strong, Chris O’Dowd and Bill Camp. Entertainment One (eOne) and The Mark Gordon Company financed the feature, and Mark Gordon is producing with Amy Pascal via her Pascal Pictures banner. Leopoldo Gout and Matt Jackson serve as EPs.

• Like 2

This didn't have a thread until now huh?

Anyways should be interesting. Moneyball and TSN I love love love. Steve Jobs is good not as good as the others. Granted delivering a quality script for a top their director isn't different than doing it yourself so we'll see

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joel M said:

The story seems very interesting, but I would be more excited if it wasn't directed by Sorkin.

This is his debut.  I'm willing to give him a chance.  Everyone has to start somewhere.

• Like 1

Tomorrow!

Nice to see an older woman playing younger for once. Though in that still above I thought it was Daisy Ridley for a long time, I flat out did not recognize her.

The sound design in this is...a choice. 

Edited by Morieris