CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

I know, "superhero fatigue", but the reality is the genre is as strong as ever. Check out how live-action CBMs have grown domestically in the past two years:

2013 (4 films): $1.039b ($259.75m average)

2014 (4 films): $1.029b ($257.25m average)

2015 (3 films): $659.3m ($231.77m average / $301.6m without Fant4stic)

2016 (6 films): $1.815b ($302.45m average)

2017 (6 films)* $1.849b ($308.16m average)

It's almost as though films do better on average when the market is more saturated. Not sure if this means anything but it certainly doesn't indicate any signs of the genre slowing down.

*Conservative projections for 2017

Logan: $227m

Guardians 2: $387m

Wonder Woman: $380m

Homecoming: $325m

Ragnarok: $230m

Justice League: $300m

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nomyth said:

One of the very best CBM's ever is Blade 2 imo.

Dont see that one get mentioned enough.

Blade 2 is cool.

4 hours ago, AJG said:

I only ever saw a Cam copy of this years ago.

It looked like he was fighting an alien poop.

Trust me it's not that much better in the actual film. Parallax is basically a yellow turd. 

• Like 1

WW $400m here it comes

Great for Baby

If Spidey OD does $50m it'll match the 64% of SM3 OD adjusted, $77m. Not bad three movies after and three so-so -to say the least- received movies

3 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Transformers R.I.P.

But, anyway, I'm waiting for Bumblebee movie. Cause it has Travis Night- director of amazing Kubo.

i hope transformers under performance gets us a Trek 4 greenlit, like after MI3 underperfomed and was declared dead, the franchise can comeback strongly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

tumblr_o9jcxpK7et1spguxzo1_250.gif

Back in March of 2017:

Sane fanboy #1-"Could you imagine if Wonder Woman opened and managed to get a 4 multiplier???'

Sane fanboy # 2-"LMAAAOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dream on, dude!!"

Sane fanboy # 1- "You're right. It will never happen!"

WTF.

It might actually happen. And even if it didn't...leggier than GOTG??? what a fucking ride!!!! :D 

12 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Very good for a normal and overreted film (WW)

11 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

Get a life

7 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

You are very boring

How will this divided nation ever heal?

• Like 7

Good number for Spidey.  Just wished I liked the movie more than I do right now. 

And Baby Driver wasn't all that great for me either.  Oh well at least I got to do the drive in finally :)  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MOVIEGUY said:

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arre

How can you actually "hate" Spiderman? Being indifferent towards, sure. But to the point of hatred? That's like hating the number 9... or something. I'm sure there are some of you out there but it seems arbitrary.

Ok you got me. Hate is a strong word to use. I am indifferent to the character. Never been a fan actually... 

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

There are people who hate puppies too but usually they keep that kind of damning information to themselves.  :rock:

Lol I guess this would be a bad time to admit that I'm not big on dogs either haha

Even if it doesn't quite hit 3.1mil the point is WW will have a good drop this weekend. It's not falling off the face of the earth just because of one admittedly huge opener. I still don't get why it was expected to fall super hard this weekend? I thought 45-46% at worst.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

with franchise fatigue (of any kind) shitting out of luck, it is impressive to see the comic book movies pull through.  Logan, GotG/(MCU#15), Lego Batman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man and perhaps Valerian on a critical level.  + positive response for Thor 3 & Justice League.  Wow....  

• Like 1