CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Nearly improbable due to strong July weekdays but interesting scenario : SM:H stays #1 for 4 weekends

1. 130 ow
  2. 61/-53% (over Apes ow)
  3. 36.5/-40% (over Dunkirk and Val ows)
  4. 23.75/-35% (over Emoji and AB ows, and Dunkirk 2nd weekend)

Then there's Dark Tower the following week...so my fantasy stops here.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

No, they made a terrible movie because FOX only cared about keeping the rights and Trank only cared about doing drugs.

Btw, is there a suggestion topic for the forum? I literally have logged myself off a hundred times while trying to press the notification button when I browse from my phone. Can the log of button be moved?

Happens same with me. I think they should ask whether you want to sign out or not after pressing sign out button.

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

I'm sorry but Fox gets waaaay too much flack for the Fantastic Four debacle. People are quick to point that movie out and talk about how Fox doesn't know what it's doing but then ignore that Days of Future Past, Deadpool and Logan have all come from that studio in the last five years. And if you ask some folks....those three movies are pretty up there in terms of where they stand against other comic book films. 

In my opinion even if Disney took over Fantastic Four, I just don't think it's a property that the GA is going to fawn over. Unlike Spider-man, the characters aren't beloved so i don't think a reboot of Fantastic Four would work whether it was released by Fox or by Disney. It would have to be something the consider way down the line or have the characters be shown in bits and pieces. No one is asking for another Fantastic Four movie. 

I think the characters could be used like the Hulk where they're apart of the MCU but no solo films. I imagine Marvel would like to use Galactus or Silver Surfer in a future film

The cast was good even though they weren't giving anything to do that was good and the cinematography was good. And no I'm not saying that because Wonder Woman had the same cinematographer, I'm saying that because it looked good to me. I thought that before I even knew that that guy was going to do the cinematography for Wonder Woman.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ambitious mess> generic slog with no heart

I'd find it hard pressed to say Ant-Man has no heart... I see Civil War's argument, but the other one, ehh. Plus, Fant4stic is the epic equivalent of having zero heart whatsoever.

But whatever. Opinions are opinions, and I respect yours.

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Mrpink already starting his campaign 

No campaign, I'm ready to slum it now that I got my un-deserved win

I was just highlighting the thread title presumably intentional misspell

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

TF5 was expected though - it was the movie that pretty much gave all its screens, but 1, to Spidey...it should level out more next weekend...

Not saying it wasn't expected just that sheesh there has been no staying power it is literally the Covenant of June in regards to holds. 

By the way, with Friday estimates, Wonder Woman has hit a 3.50 multiplier, and today (i.e. with Saturday numbers) it will pass Spider-Man (3.52) and GOTG (3.53) to become the leggiest comic book film of the 21st century. And it hasn't needed to crawl to that milestone - it still has more of its run to go.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 10

Just now, MikeQ said:

By the way, with Friday estimates, Wonder Woman has hit a 3.50 multiplier, and today (i.e. with Saturday numbers) it will pass Spider-Man (3.52) and GOTG (3.53) to become the leggiest comic book film of the 21st century. And it hasn't needed to crawl to that milestone - it still has more of its run to go.

Peace,

Mike

Hey you're right. Excellent.

1 minute ago, MikeQ said:

Peace,

Mike

It's quite astounding when you think about it. Particularly when you consider that female skewing flicks and superhero films are some of the non-leggiest films around. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Peace,

Mike

Yay!!

Thanks so much for the updates!!! :D 

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

TF5 was expected though - it was the movie that pretty much gave all its screens, but 1, to Spidey...it should level out more next weekend...

Not by much I think. And the triple combo on the 21st is going to bury it.