franfar

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (yes that's the subtitle) | May 24, 2024 | Anya Taylor-Joy is Furiosa + Chris Hemsworth

22 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

big french-belgian co-production vibes from this (not a compliment) 

was just missing this

BEC scammers stole €19m from film company Pathé - Help Net Security

• Haha 2

I genuinely have no clue how this is gonna do. 

The closest comparison I can think of is Spiderverse, like Fury Road it just did OKAY at the box office but had some of the best reviews of the year. Gained a cult following and was more widespread seen on streaming/home video. Then 5 years later, Spiderverse 2 saw a BIG increase because of that. Normally I'd say it'd get a similar bump BUT has it been too long? Did WB's stupidity in not paying Miller, thus delaying this forever killing this film's BO potential?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Are they going to delay this to later in the year? This supposedly had a date so thar generic 2024 worries me a bit...

Films looks awesome, I cannot wait for this.

This is them just  keeping their options open. It will be a summer release. There are a lot of open dates in June and July compared to the current May 24th date competing against Apes.

This trailer was very good. It isnt as amazing as Fury Roads first trailer, but that could never be topped anyway.

George Miller cooked, so much is clear. Visually alone, it looks much better than pretty much every other blockbuster out there. I cant wait for this, Fury Road was one of the best cinema experiences ever for me and i hope, this one can come close to it.

• Like 1

That was a bad trailer. Real bad.

It looked like Kevin feige produced it and Peyton Reed directed it.

Not at all what I expected. Gives off studio mandated reboot vibes, never would have even guess Miller directed it from that trailer.

It's just so sterile, clean and digital looking.

And Hemsworth and Anya are no Hardy and Theron.

Edited by Dominic Draper
  • Like 7
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Dominic Draper said:

Not at all what I expected. Gives off studio mandated reboot vibes, never would have even guess Miller directed it from that trailer.

This is ridiculous and over the top commentary for the trailer. Especially on Miller.

Doubting George Miller on a Mad Max universe movie is like doubting Cameron on Avatar.

Also you have an opinion on Hemsworth and Anya based on few seconds from the trailer? 

Also I didn't know we had so many experts in here about practical effects and VFX.

Edited by stephanos13

4 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Are they going to delay this to later in the year? This supposedly had a date so thar generic 2024 worries me a bit...

Films looks awesome, I cannot wait for this.

Word is they want to take it to Cannes like Miller's last two films so it shouldn't take too long after that to be released. May 31 or June 7 would work fine for it.

2 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

LMAO. It's clear you haven't watched enough marvel films bse they are not even in the same league.

Agree it looks a little to clean . But the green screen sluge especially from current MCU is not comparable at all . 

This is ridiculous hyperbolic statement.

Anya is a very good actress and Hemsworth is good too with the right script and role . So think judging them on just the first trailer is a little harsh.

Hardy was one of the weakest parts of the original IMO. Him and Furiosa worked great together but on his own he wasn't given enough.

3 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

Same as first teaser for Fury Road.

Movie has the same vfx supervisor Andrew Jackson (who has excellent portfolio) and has time for polishing cgi.

People are so hungry for unstoppable crying about everything, it's pretty marvellous. They need it more than oxygen.

Edited by KeepItU25071906