Finnick

Tuesday Numbers: SMH 15M, DM3 6.7M, BD 2.29M, WW 1.64M

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Wait, just want to clear something here. I am not instigating anything here. I am using GOTG II as a point of comparison since it's the current number one summer film and the final numbers will be close imo. It's not because of the DC - Marvel thing. If GOTG II was PIRATES V or any other film, I would do the same. I just find this exciting because no one saw this coming and the daily grosses are fun to track.

This Marvel vs DC thing is shit one can't compare the movies now without people thinking it's always about fanbase wars.

Honestly I'm a fan of Marvel and DC, and am glad to see to both companies succeeding now. Why can't people just like both?

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Seems to be a $15.2M Tuesday according to DHD:

Homecoming as well should keep concession sales churning as well for exhibitors with a second weekend estimated between $50M-$53M, down 55%-57%. The Marvel movie has been posting great daily business with $27.4M alone made between Monday and Tuesday and a running five-day cume of $144.3M. 

Tracking close to Ant-Man again with the benefit of bigger Tuesday bumps compared to 2015. Ant-Man bumped roughly 23%, SMH will bump 24.5%. Ant-Man increases and decreases look most likely for the rest of this week for sure. Just following AM would give SMH

Tuesday: 15.2M

Wednesday: 10M (-34.5%)

Thursday: 9.2M (-8%)

Friday: 14.4M (+55%)

Saturday: 20.2M (+40%)

Sunday: 15.8M (-22%) for a 51M weekend.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Tracking close to Ant-Man again with the benefit of bigger Tuesday bumps compared to 2015. Ant-Man bumped roughly 23%, SMH will bump 24.5%. Ant-Man increases and decreases look most likely for the rest of this week for sure. Just following AM would give SMH

I think it's gonna hold a little better than we all believe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

I think it's gonna hold a little better than we all believe.

It might, I just put numbers it would do by holding about the same as Ant-Man the rest of the week. The Cheap Tuesday bump is slightly higher than Ant-Man, but Cheap Tuesdays are also pretty much supercharged now compared to 2015. If only AMC theaters joins the bandwagon, Cheap Tuesday will pretty much be bigger than any day of the second weekend @Boner Omega

• Like 3

If it's following Ant-Man, even with the way higher OW, that's a 3.15X ending multiplier...not sure how that wouldn't be amazing, based on all the 2.6-2.7X max estimates we've had on the boards since Sunday...heck, that multiplier gets Spidey to $370Mish and in the running for the summer #2 spot...and maybe the #1 spot:)...IF it keeps holding and it's got a long way to go...

I'll know tonight if I think it's gonna keep holding:)...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Agree 50/53M second weekend 

• Like 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

If it's following Ant-Man, even with the way higher OW, that's a 3.15X ending multiplier...not sure how that wouldn't be amazing, based on all the 2.6-2.7X max estimates we've had on the boards since Sunday...heck, that multiplier gets Spidey to $370Mish and in the running for the summer #2 spot...and maybe the #1 spot:)...IF it keeps holding and it's got a long way to go...

Actually if it holds similar to ant man, it will have lower multiplier than ant man due to huge friday. 3x or something.

• Like 1

SM came in higher than expected for me. Was thinking low-20s bump at most. If it doesn't fall more than 35% on Wed, then 50-51 weekend like @grim22's calcs show, could happen.

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wednesday might drop bigger than Ant-Man since Discounts Tuesday is bigger now I believe and it jumped slightly higher than Ant Man

Edited by John Marston

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's more so following Ant-Man after it's opening Friday of $51M+, so that decreases the multiplier to something between 2.8 and 3.0 rather than Ant-Man's 3.16.

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If you want to temper expectations, it is actually holding worse than Minions on the 4 days post OD so far, and that had a lower than 3x even being an animated movie.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It might, I just put numbers it would do by holding about the same as Ant-Man the rest of the week. The Cheap Tuesday bump is slightly higher than Ant-Man, but Cheap Tuesdays are also pretty much supercharged now compared to 2015. If only AMC theaters joins the bandwagon, Cheap Tuesday will pretty much be bigger than any day of the second weekend @Boner Omega

I just hope it holds above 50mil,If it doesn't some here may need therapy.

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Actually if it holds similar to ant man, it will have lower multiplier than ant man due to huge friday. 3x or something.

3x is still way higher than 2.6-2.7X:)...c'mon, it's good to have faith for good movies:)...(hopefully, I'll think it's a great movie tonight:)...

11 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Honestly I'm a fan of Marvel and DC, and am glad to see to both companies succeeding now. Why can't people just like both?

Having successful movies from both Marvel and WB/DC is good news for everyone, no one wants to see a string of flops, likewise with animation, if every studio started having animated films not doing well, that wouldn't be a good thing at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Odd that SMH seems to be having no effect on WW at all. Playing to different demos?

I think that's one of reasons. other being that it has a must-see factor which SMH, being a fandom-driven movie, doesn't. WW is an event, SMH is another SM movie for SM fans but better than some previous SM movies. That's not enough to pull audience that isn't really into SH or SM in particular or have seen other SM and don't think they are missing anything new. So it's easier for WW to expand her audience being new and all that, than SMH being 6th movie in the series. 

WW's hype about importance for little girls and all that jazz seems to have caught fire with GA. SMH doesn't have importance factor. 

• Like 3