WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

I agree that Apes deserved better at the box office and it feels like an Star Trek Beyond but fortunately with much better OS numbers, as for SMH the drop is bad but it can still recover a bit and have "nice" late legs. Wonder Woman is the biggest surprise of the year and it deserves everything it is making, I had been waiting for a WW movie for too long. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Eevin said:

Reveal hidden contents

You won't know him.  He was the guy who ran the site way way back in the day.....and by the site, I mean the forums.  Not Brandon Grey....he was very cool.

• Like 6

At first I didn't think WW would hit 400 mill.

Then I didn't think it would do 400 mill before the summer was over.

Now I'm wondering if it will hit 400 before the middle of August.

WW's run is one of the ages.  

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, scabab said:

This isn't a home, it's a forum. This is a thread about weekend box office figures. You're a mod and you let people post Irrelevant gifs which they think are funny and let users ramble on about racism and people being "racist ass bitch asses".

This is all just down to bad moderation that just let's this stuff happen now. It didn't happen on Mojo because the mods like Impact were able to keep the forum under control and on topic.

Don't you know that a picture is worth a thousand words .. :rant:

giphy.gif

• Community Manager

I will say GIFs being a thing was something we didn't anticipate when BOT forums was opened lol.

But then again on BOM forums you couldn't really embed images like on here I think. That forum software was so outdated by the time it was shut down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

At first I didn't think WW would hit 400 mill.

Then I didn't think it would do 400 mill before the summer was over.

Now I'm wondering if it will hit 400 before the middle of August.

WW's run is one of the ages.  

Not unless it gets serious help from Dunkirk. Right now I think if it does hit 400m it'll be Frozen-style, late into its run. (Or on Labor Day weekend if WB expands it.)

• Like 2

Strange complaint. You don't need a forum to find weekend numbers.  Plenty of sites post them with little to no commentary (e.g. BOM). 

Besides, it's hard to dispassionately discuss box office numbers and predictions, since people are here to begin with because they love certain movies.  So you'll inevitably get conflicting and opinionated discussions, resulting in rants, GIFs and expletives that add character/entertainment value when kept in moderation.  

Only downside with internet discussions is that they tend to devolve into personal attacks and extreme negativity (First Law of the Internet). But with Tele's effort to bring sunshine, joy and rainbows I think it's not too unbalanced.

I was a long time lurker in the old BOM forums and I don't recall it with rose-tinted glasses like you do. It didn't have GIFs because websites and forums faced much lower limits on bandwidth, not because of strict rules and mods.  I recall plenty of rants and flame wars, though.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Not unless it gets serious help from Dunkirk. Right now I think if it does hit 400m it'll be Frozen-style, late into its run. (Or on Labor Day weekend if WB expands it.)

I was thinking LD too.  But now I'm not so sure......for summer game purposes, after the summer is over would be best.

3 hours ago, Nunya Biznez said:

Strange complaint. You don't need a forum to find weekend numbers.  Plenty of sites post them with little to no commentary (e.g. BOM). 

Besides, it's hard to dispassionately discuss box office numbers and predictions, since people are here to begin with because they love certain movies.  So you'll inevitably get conflicting and opinionated discussions, resulting in rants, GIFs and expletives that add character/entertainment value when kept in moderation.  

Only downside with internet discussions is that they tend to devolve into personal attacks and extreme negativity (First Law of the Internet). But with Tele's effort to bring sunshine, joy and rainbows I think it's not too unbalanced.

I was a long time lurker in the old BOM forums and I don't recall it with rose-tinted glasses like you do. It didn't have GIFs because websites and forums faced much lower limits on bandwidth, not because of strict rules and mods.  I recall plenty of rants and flame wars, though.

Kal was responsible for probably half the flame wars there.  So yes, good call lol.  The flame wars there were epic.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Yep, worth every penny.

Naming isn't going so good as of now 

Congrats:)...

Mine are 10 years apart (4 about evenly spaced), and spacing is an awesome thing, especially when you can pay the 1st to babysit the last:)...

• Like 1

Well I apologize for name calling (even tho he is kinda rude himself) I just find it hard to believe someone would choose BOM over BOT.

I remember technical problems galore, annoying personal restrictions and far fewer fun subforums.

Maybe this guy needs a numbers only thread just for him. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nunya Biznez said:

👊

❤️💕😘😍☀️☀️🌈🌈

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

I will say GIFs being a thing was something we didn't anticipate when BOT forums was opened lol.

But then again on BOM forums you couldn't really embed images like on here I think. That forum software was so outdated by the time it was shut down.

Mojo was the Timex watch before the digital age.  It was the rolodex (look it up younglings) before the smart phone.  It was a great place to talk movies but it was about as advanced as dinosaurs were.  It was the most basic forum out there....that was perhaps part of the charm but it also meant no likes, no personal avatars, no signatures, nothing.  Just a name, a random avatar from the ones in the archive and lots of talk.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Mojo was the Timex watch before the digital age.  It was the rolodex (look it up younglings) before the smart phone.  It was a great place to talk movies but it was about as advanced as dinosaurs were.  It was the most basic forum out there....that was perhaps part of the charm but it also meant no likes, no personal avatars, no signatures, nothing.  Just a name, a random avatar from the ones in the archive and lots of talk.  

I was gonna say it was the cuneiform tablet before papyrus.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I was gonna say it was the cuneiform tablet before papyrus.

I don't know what those are.....then again I'm kind of a Timex watch as well. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

The discussions are fun tho.  They help make weekend threads actually interesting.  The derailments are easily the most fun part about this site.  We can't just talk about the same old shit over and over.

So you're telling me we shouldn't rehash DC v. Marvel arguments?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Gifs are f*cking awesome...see Scabab can even borrow this one...

Image result for steweie gifs

• Like 9