WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

If you really think the moderation here is bad, you clearly didn't read the Wonder Woman nor the Spider-Man Homecoming threads. Mods were on high alert in those threads because of the Marvel/DC bullshit. Tele himself had to go through pages in the Homecoming one and delete posts derailing the thread. 

And damnit, I LIKE POSTING IRRELEVANT GIFS! 

HAVE ANOTHER!

Could+ve+turned+out+weirder+_ae3002dfab5

Edited by MrGamer2558
  • Like 18

2 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

If you really think the moderation here is bad, you clearly didn't read the Wonder Woman nor the Spider-Man Homecoming threads. Mods were on high alert in those threads because of the Marvel/DC bullshit. Tele himself had go through pages in the Homecoming one and delete posts derailing the thread. 

HAVE ANOTHER!

I have never seen such an irrelevant GIF (for any situation) before. Impressive.

• Like 10

Typically when people tell mods they suck at their jobs and the forums are complete shit because of them, those people are ejected with a catapult device of some kind.

So kudos, to the mods for being more gracious than a saint on Christmas. :P

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

If you really think the moderation here is bad, you clearly didn't read the Wonder Woman nor the Spider-Man Homecoming threads. Mods were on high alert in those threads because of the Marvel/DC bullshit. Tele himself had to go through pages in the Homecoming one and delete posts derailing the thread. 

HAVE ANOTHER!

Literally the only time this will be relevant is if an X-Men movie beats Indiana Jones at the box office.

• Like 4

I'm gonna say the mods here and the entire environment is great!  I left a different board/game (not BOM) after 17 years b/c I was dissatisfied with the discussion and the mod...you either had mod think or bad think, and that gets tiresome very quickly...

So, mods and admins, you're a blessing to the board...I came over and lurked for a few months to make sure it wasn't like the last one...and I was really happy to see the rapid fire back and forth and supportive (and lighthearted teasing) posts...

I mean, it's the internet...most times, you get surrounded by dicks, or you have to be a dick as a mod...and somehow you all have struck such a nice balance here where we don't have either extreme...it's no wonder we're got young teens to older adults all able to converse in fun - how rare is that?:)... 

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm gonna say the mods here and the entire environment is great!  I left a different board/game (not BOM) after 17 years b/c I was dissatisfied with the discussion and the mod...you either had mod think or bad think, and that gets tiresome very quickly...

So, mods and admins, you're a blessing to the board...I came over and lurked for a few months to make sure it wasn't like the last one...and I was really happy to see the rapid fire back and forth and supportive (and lighthearted teasing) posts...

I mean, it's the internet...most times, you get surrounded by dicks, or you have to be a dick as a mod...and somehow you all have struck such a nice balance here where we don't have either extreme...it's no wonder we're got young teens to older adults all able to converse in fun - how rare is that?:)... 

I too enjoy hearing stories about Ethan's troubles

• Like 5

So are the mods oppossed to an extra box office weekend/weekday thread with no gifs, no likes, no non-box office discussion?

I feel like this war will never end until we have both the fun thread and the boring thread co-existing.

3 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Why America? Why you did this to me? We received The Godfather of our generation, one of the greatest trilogies of all time, and you guys choose to ignore it, karma is a bitch, you guys will never receive any quality franchise anymore. 

H4Qn8wI.gif

SO EMOTIONAL

• Like 5

Just now, grey ghost said:

So are the mods oppossed to an extra box office weekend/weekday thread with no gifs, no likes, no non-box office discussion?

I feel like this war will never end until we have both the fun thread and the boring thread co-existing.

Those of us that would prefer the purely analytical thread were vetoed the last time this was suggested. I still think the amount of hog-wash in the weekend threads is too much when we have a thread dedicated to talking about whatever you want, but I also know I'm in the minority. 

That all being said @scabab was just as negative on Mojo years ago so it's nothing new. 

And this forum is general, my personal preferences aside, is infinitely better than Mojo on its best day. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'd say you're right. Probably will end up...

Jedi

Beauty

F8

Justice

Despicable

Guardians

Ragnarok

Spidey

Wondy

Ragnorok over Spidey and Wondy? Nah I don't see that happening at all! Especially not with JL releasing two weeks after.

I'd say:

SW8

BatB

F8

JL

DM3

GotG2

SMH

WW

Thor3

Pirates 5

8 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Those of us that would prefer the purely analytical thread were vetoed the last time this was suggested. I still think the amount of hog-wash in the weekend threads is too much when we have a thread dedicated to talking about whatever you want, but I also know I'm in the minority. 

That all being said @scabab was just as negative on Mojo years ago so it's nothing new. 

And this forum is general, my personal preferences aside, is infinitely better than Mojo on its best day. 

I think everybody would be happy with:

1) Off topic thread (classic convo)

2) strict numbers only thread 

And

3) A mix of both (what most people voted for when we had a poll)

Having all three would require one extra thread. Just an endless box office thread that was strictly numbers. Sticky that bitch and call it a day.

• Like 2