WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Y'all are nuts for dissing The Shape of Water trailer. It looks stunning and unlike anything I've seen in my life.

Is the trailer online? I want to see it.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

War of the Apes looked like more of the same. The reason people are excited about comic book movies is very simple: the Marvel and DC universes are rich in stories and characters. That's also the reason why the Avatar sequels will kill at the box office, James Cameron wouldn't announce 4 sequels without having a rich universe that he will likely explore brilliantly.

Cameron planned four sequels because he's planning the biggest studio robbery of all time. He's gonna ask for 2 billion up front, tell Fox he only needs a month to finish and when the studio execs finally watch the final cut, old sly Cameron will troll them with an old episode of the Smurfs. 

By then Cameron will be on a private island in Dubai laughing his ass off.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 9

32 minutes ago, POTUS said:

I thought DVD rips didnt affect BO

Oh, it definitely affects BO.

Expendables 3 is probably one of the most famous examples. A perfect dvd rip made its way online 2 or 3 weeks before the movie's release. 

30 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I guess it's time for me to concede that Homecoming won't be able to reach $60m anymore. Anyways, that's still a good number. 

Come on, it's aint over till the fat lady sings, it's only 7pm on the west coast. ... this is not you :D

• Like 2

War For The Planet of the Apes was really solid.  It improves on Dawn and makes the best movie of the series.

I don't think legs will be spectacular or anything though, it's a slower burn and puts the spectacle on the sideline (which I liked about it).

• Like 8

Just now, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

War For The Planet of the Apes was really solid.  It improves on Dawn and makes the best movie of the series.

I don't think legs will be spectacular or anything though, it's a slower burn and puts the spectacle on the sideline (which I liked about it).

Ah yes.  The light is being shown to more and more people :).

(the light, of course, meaning the second best blockbuster of the 2010s)

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

I don't know if I'd go back for, it's one of the better blockbusters that's for sure.

I may personally prefer Logan or Wonder Woman, but this was the better film of the three.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

What's number one? Inception? (Which I don't feel was anywhere close to the best film of the decade. Sorry Nolan fans)

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Oh, it definitely affects BO.

Expendables 3 is probably one of the most famous examples. A perfect dvd rip made its way online 2 or 3 weeks before the movie's release. 

Also didn't help that wom from #2 was only luke-warm and the film didn't look like it added much, which the leak confirmed.

Just now, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

I don't know if I'd go back for, it's one of the better blockbusters that's for sure.

I may personally prefer Logan or Wonder Woman, but this was the better film of the three.

I thought it was better than Logan, which is really fucking hard to do for me.  But it had an even bigger emotional impact on me than that, which was surprising.  Logan already has enough dramatic weight to make grown men cry.

Just now, superduperm said:

What's number one? Inception? (Which I don't feel was anywhere close to the best film of the decade. Sorry Nolan fans)

Yep.  Also one of my favorite movies of all time.

Matt Reeves' War for the Planet of the Apes (2017) is a very close second and it's hard to imagine any movie (until December at the earliest) being better than this.  It was truly fantastic.

• Community Manager
15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Y'all are nuts for dissing The Shape of Water trailer. It looks stunning and unlike anything I've seen in my life.

This would mean more if you weren't 17.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Bodes really well for The Batman IMO.

If only Josh Brolin was playing Batman, The Batman could've been one of the best films of all time.

I feel like he would've been another RDJ or Christopher Reeve.

Hoping Apes can do 21.

5 + 16 + 17 + 13 = 51

WAR OD = 4.0-4.2x the previews

DAWN OD = 6.7x the previews

So already a lot more front-loading than DAWN.

DAWN did 2.87x final multi. I don't think WAR can do more than 2.7-2.8x.

With a 50-54 ow, 2.7-2.8x gives 135-151 dom.

Disappointing.