Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (Chapter Two) : APES:$5.79M | SMH:$5.46M | DM3 2.6M | BD 1.2M | WW: 875k

I actually kind love this "legs make the best movies" ever argument:)...

For movies that truly opened "wide" - 2K+ theaters, that means one of my few A+ movies, Titanic, is literally the undisputed greatest movie of all time:)...

And following its perfection are There's Something About Mary and Rumor Has It and then Sixth Sense, another one of my few A+ movies...

I think we could all agree that these 4 are just better than every supers and other movie ever made that 1st released truly wide:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

What aspect of shm, we are discussing?

Quality? Wom? Box office? Legs?

What?

Quality- subjective

Wom- going by second w/e drop, average. Could change that if upcoming w/e things change.

Box office- very good. Above 300, most probably and around 830 worldwide. Increased greatly from asm2. And no, this is not underperformance.

Legs- lets wait. SS let legs were very good. Same can happen with this. August and all. May reach above 330. Currently 2.6-2.7 is more expected. Nice.

5 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

Why is Box Office Mojo still going with the WW vs. BvS at the front page? Is it because they don't allow Marvel vs. DC showdowns? 

There's a 2017 Summer showdown with Guardians, Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man.  And it's not a WW vs BvS, it's a comparison of WW and the rest of the DCEU (MoS and SS included).

I'm a bit curious. Here's a hypothetical question in an alternate universe: what instead for Homecoming, Morales is Spider-Man for the movie but everything else stays the same plot wise, would it have performed better or worse?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

If I'm taking away the WW Number from SMH and going strictly by Domestic Numbers, then YES, It's disappointing.. No way to spin it.. It simply is and has nothing to do with drinking the Kool Aid.. SMH will be lucky to reach 300M Domestic and that's pushing it and YES, I get it, this is the 2nd reboot of the character but it still doesn't change the fact that the Domestic Number is underwhelming... 

How is passing the last movies domestic total in 10 days disappointing ? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Caladbolg said:

There's a 2017 Summer showdown with Guardians, Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man.  And it's not a WW vs BvS, it's a comparison of WW and the rest of the DCEU (MoS and SS included).

Yeah, I never thought about clicking in the "VIEW FULL SHOWDOWN". I always thought it was only between the two movies at the front page. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

Is 2.7 still the target for legs?

I will be surprised If it does more than x2.5

No. I'm thinking 2.5x-2.6x (so $292.5M to $304.2M)

• Like 1

Just now, Humbgul said:

Yeah, I never thought about clicking in the "VIEW FULL SHOWDOWN". I always thought it was only between the two movies at the front page. Thanks. 

It's really helpful for comparisons too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm a bit curious. Here's a hypothetical question in an alternate universe: what instead for Homecoming, Morales is Spider-Man for the movie but everything else stays the same plot wise, would it have performed better or worse?

Than the excitement for black panther would have been shifted to miles morals. So, I expect it to be pretty good at box office.

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

It's impossible to say b/c it couldn't stay the same...Miles is distinctly different than Pete, which is what makes him so special...

Read the Ultimate Comics Spiderman arcs that start with Peter and go through Miles and you'll see how they are not the same character...Miles entire Spidey journey starts b/c of Peter...if they ever did the "hand off" tragic arc in the movies, that would be the biggest supers BO of all time...it would take a lot of studio cooperation to pull off, so I don't see it...

Edited by TwoMisfits