Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (Chapter Two) : APES:$5.79M | SMH:$5.46M | DM3 2.6M | BD 1.2M | WW: 875k

37 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm a bit curious. Here's a hypothetical question in an alternate universe: what instead for Homecoming, Morales is Spider-Man for the movie but everything else stays the same plot wise, would it have performed better or worse?

Better imho.

They took Miles story and inserted Peter into it which is where a lot of the Hate comes from.

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Animated Spider-Man is going to be as over predicted as Homecoming and Lego Batman were.

Still $150M-$175M is nothing to sneeze at.

4 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Better imho.

They took Miles story and inserted Peter into it which is where a lot of the Hate comes from.

Hate for what having an asian friend? 

Also the hate i've seen seems to be coming from the same people who when Zendaya was rumored for Mary Jane ran with "im not racist but an African American person having red hair isn't natural" while going to praise known natural red head Kirsten Dunst as their Mary Jane

13 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Jason Momoa really worked his way up from Stargate Atlantis to Game of Thrones to Aquaman and JL.

He has a Gal Gadot/Tom Holland breakout coming

I wish he would break my legs while my toes curl behind his ears.

30 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

It would've performed worse I'm sorry to say cause I just don't think the general audience outside of the hardcore comic book nerd is ready for a Miles Morales SPIDER-MAN, but I could be wrong to..

One day you will see a Miles Morales solo led Spider-man film. I don't think it'll happen for another decade(+/-) but it will happen. The character is indeed still "newish" but he's getting the push. He's been in a few cartoons and had some toy already. He's 10yr anniversary as a character will happen as Tom Holland may/may not be ready to move on from the role in the early 2020s, maybe mid decade. In 2026 it'll be his 15th year anniversary as a character.  I see Spider-man 2099 also getting at least introduced sooner rather than later. 

Spider-man is in the same position as Batman by the 2020's, he's been done various ways, what's new, whats different, while still feeling fresh?

Miles Morales, Miguel O'Hara and Terry McGinnis are your answers. All 3 of these represent change that fandoms are/have adapted to and the right mass media approach will take them over the top! Once this happens get ready for a slew of change to comic cinema characters in the 2030s: Sam Wilson/Cap, Foster/Thor, Artemis/WW etc etc etc.

Aquaman can break out and bring as much as BvS.I won't say that something is impossible (after WW i know better) but let's wait before throwing these 400m predictions.

And yes Aquaman is not an A lister buuuut it brings something new to the table  and audiences react well to that.Also Wan is more than caoable to pull this off.

• Like 2