Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (Chapter Two) : APES:$5.79M | SMH:$5.46M | DM3 2.6M | BD 1.2M | WW: 875k

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

TWS legs is probably a good target

2.56x is the goal (aka $300M), which can still happen with a 55% drop this weekend.

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I'm a bit curious. Here's a hypothetical question in an alternate universe: what instead for Homecoming, Morales is Spider-Man for the movie but everything else stays the same plot wise, would it have performed better or worse?

IMO - I don't think it matters, and think it does pretty much the same. 3 Spidey in a span of a few years is too much for some to take. if this was the first Spidey in a long time than I think the outcome would be different irregardless who spidey is.

It's disappointing if you thought $400m DOM was on lock...as a fan it's wishful thinking but in reality it had a lot of factors working aganist it which strongly emerged

I can predict $600m for Thor then act disappointed if it reached $300m :redcapes:

Edited by XO21

20 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

What aspect of shm, we are discussing?

Quality? Wom? Box office? Legs?

What?

Quality- subjective

Wom- going by second w/e drop, average.

Average? Didn't it get the steepest second-week drop ever for an MCU movie? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

The drops for this movie are simply hard to ignore is all I'm saying so that leads me to believe 1 of 2 things: Either the movie really wasn't THAT good as much as the reviews indicated and it's reflecting this in it's drops, OR, Everyone saw it OW and that's pretty much it and how the superhero blockbuster simply performs now in 2017 with all the demand being rushing out to see it OW??

Shouldn't a superhero movie in a franchise be compared to its characters last outing? Like no one compared GOTG2 to Civil War they compared it the first movie?

Plus the reviews coming in still keep the movie at 90+ and 7.6  on RT  with 91% audience score and an A cinema score so WOM must at least still be good no or are their news ways to gage a movie WOM in its second week?

Also hate to try to seem smart but the performance of Apes and Spiderman do indicate they both hurt each other no?

Also on the Miles thing didnt they more or less set that up in Homecoming? So it will happen either way?

Edited by Ryaner90

3 minutes ago, XO21 said:

It's disappointing if you thought $400m DOM was on lock...as a fan it's wishful thinking but in reality it had a lot of factors working aganist it which strongly emerged

I can predict $600m for Thor then act disappointed if it reached $300m :redcapes:

It would have been fun to see all 3 CB movies vying for the number spot of the summer .....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Average? Didn't it get the steepest second-week drop ever for an MCU movie? 

So that means SS and BVS were bad too?

Reminder that Aquaman is going to hit it big because it's avoiding the summer superhero crush, is a novel movie and shark/water-based movies (The Shallows, 47 Meters Down) are getting big.

SUPERHERO+WATER+SHARKS+SEXY = $$$$$$$$$$$$$ BE READY!

jason+momoa+shirtless+5.gif

• Like 2

Just now, AHepBurn said:

Reminder that Aquaman is going to hit it big because it's avoiding the summer superhero crush, is a novel movie and shark/water-based movies (The Shallows, 47 Meters Down) are getting big.

I'm predicting big numbers for Aquaman. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

I can sea $400M for Aquaman.

• Like 1

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

The truth is between guys. People do not hate the film obviously but

the reception was nowhere near close to what the critics were pointing. 

The second week drop was really bad. Still room for recovery but what I am expecting right now is x2.4-2.5

Yep, I think the audience reception was good but not as good as the critical reception. 

• Like 3