Finnick

Wednesday Numbers: DUNKIRK:$5.17M Down 30% | GT:$3.16M | SHM:$2.79M | APES:$2.13M | DP3:$1.94M | VAL:$1.4M | BD:$0.82M | WW:$0.65M

I never thought the marketing was all that great. I'm predicting 24.5mil because that's what I want it to do but I'm expecting 16-18mil. I still hate how hard they are pushing the sexy lady angle because that never helps female led films at the box office. It just makes the movie look like sleaze that isn't even trying.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I never thought the marketing was all that great. I'm predicting 24.5mil because that's what I want it to do but I'm expecting 16-18mil. I still hate how hard they are pushing the sexy lady angle because that never helps female led films at the box office. It just makes the movie look like sleaze that isn't even trying.

Yeah the lesbian sex scene being the centerpiece of their marketing always seemed creepy to me

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, That Atomic Guy said:

yeah but what would it be called?  Financially Unstable Working Adults Musical?

millennial working at a coffee shop musical:

RTH  High School Musical bombed everywhere expect 1 theater in Ohio where every showing was sold.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That comment makes no sense.

25 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It makes perfect sense. I made a hopeful prediction that I don't think will happen.

You have to say "I hope it makes $24.5 million" then, because if you say "I'm predicting $24.5 million" that's what people think you believe it will do.

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You have to say "I hope it makes $24.5 million" then, because if you say "I'm predicting $24.5 million" that's what people think you believe it will do.

I can't help you. Don't care if you don't get a simple post.

I love how people keep claiming that Apes word of mouth is good when it's shown no signs of having good word of mouth. It's obvious that Apes is an audience unfriendly movie. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6