MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Lego Batman is pretty bad. Cars 3 is inconsistent as hell but a few of the

Hide contents

Lighting reflecting on Doc

moments really work

Is Cars 3 good? And how would you rank it compared to other Pixar movies?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

For as much shit people give Illumination on here, I would honestly watch any one of their films except for Hop rather than Emoji.

Illumination is at least consistent, SPA is literally throwing ideas at the wall and see what sticks which results in mediocre to bad films. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Is Cars 3 good? And how would you rank it compared to other Pixar movies?

It's fine. Kind of meanders around for the longest times buy there are some moments of real emotional impact especially in the second half of the film. It's definitely lower tier Pixar but much better than the Cars 2s and the Braves, 

• Like 2

Just now, Mojoguy said:

bourne.png

Yes? It is indeed bad. It wants to hit you over the head with a sledgehammer to make sure you get the point that teamwork is good. Which I suppose is fine for kids but I don't have the patience for it

54 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm not looking forward to that much in August (Detroit, Annabelle, Logan Lucky, and Hitman's Bodyguard are my only must sees barring indies), but I'm sure I'll figure out some way to see 10 movies next month :lol: 

So four wide releases plus a few very well-received smaller movies? That's not really that bad. It'll suck BO wise but quality wise gonna be better than April, May and June for sure. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 2

Like I mentioned recently, I think Emoji actually had some potential to be a fun concept for an animated film in a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs kind of way. And the opening in spite of the horrendous marketing and disastrous reviews show the premise had some actual appeal too. SPA just clearly were lazy in putting much of any thought into making a decent film. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Illumination is at least consistent, SPA is literally throwing ideas at the wall and see what sticks which results in mediocre to bad films. 

I think the main problem with SPA and Sony as a whole is Rothman and excutives. Rothman has been notoriously known for being filmmaker unfriendly and was responsible for certain bad movies. I feel like Emoji might have been meddled with. I think some more time would have done this good after all this was the fastest thing Sony put into production. Hopefully the big change they made this June pays off and isn't too late.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That Atomic Guy said:

I couldn't keep a straight face while saying the phrase "one for The Emoji Movie"

Also this theater is packed.  Fuck.

So at least you have Tuesday.

• Like 1