Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

People really like seeing Halle Berry save abducted children. 

I think Dark Tower will be number one with 19mil and Dunkirk will do around 16-17.0mil. I was hoping it would do well but Detroit looks flipping depressing so no shock that it won't.

I'm interested in next weekend to see if people give the Annabelle franchise another shot. And of course September 8th is my most anticipated upcoming weekend.  Basically all I'm going to be paying attention to in the coming weeks is when Wonder Woman hits 400 million and 800 million worldwide.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Cara Delevingne is in that too (albeit in a small role shot back when she was still primarily known as a model). They should probably avoid working together again in any capacity going forward. ;)

The movie is so old Alicia Vikander made it before The Danish Girl, and she won the Oscar for that a year and a half ago! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

The movie is so old Alicia Vikander made it before The Danish Girl, and she won the Oscar for that a year and a half ago! 

Weinstein's probably giving it the 3 Generations treatment at the end of the month. Just take the movie out back and put an end to its suffering already.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rth Homecoming said:

TDT 7.5, DK 5, EM 3.8,GT/Kid 3.5, Detroit 2.8

The Dark Tower = 5.7 real Friday #.  If it follows Alien Covenant trajectory with real Friday #, full weekend is 18.21

Dunkirk - 5.0 - exact same trajectory as last weekend = 16.85 weekend...... 17+ looks good!

Girls Trip - 3.5 - exact same trajectory as last weekend = 11.05 weekend......Fri # could go up by 10% or more by midnight

Emoji - 3.8 - exact same trajectory as Ice Age 5 weekend 2 = 12.56 weekend

Detroit - 2.275 Fri #.  2.80M Saturday = 23.08% jump. .....8M weekend looks tough!

Kidnap - 3.0 real Friday #.  9M weekend + (unless this is a Friday movie)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

btw, I swear, I'm just catching up on this thread now and like 25 of the 33 pages are just rants and being angry about various stuff. Sheesh. 

Just another BOT weekend thread, you might say.

• Like 2

Dunkirk did .55 times its weekend gross during the weekdays.  After its opening weekend minus the previews, it did .537 times that weekend gross during the weekdays.  Assuming another upward trend and with a 17M+ weekend, the upcoming weekdays should generate between 9 and 10 million.

• Like 2

So much for Atomic Blonde having the whole of August to itself :lol:. Is it looking at a 60% drop with that number? 

Still going to see it next weekend. 

Annabelle, save us from these boring numbers. Even though I think Annabelle will do like $25m. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1