Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

1 hour ago, Damianport1 said:

Moonlight is a near-masterpieces. but its just not for you, its not for blockbuster-lovers, its challenging cinema, for people who are open to acuatlly use they brain and think. im not surprised user from this forum hate it with all respect to this forum but we all know what kinds of film you guys like.

Dude, I love to think and be challenged while watching movies and I wasn't a fan of Moonlight at all lmao.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

Take a look:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_viewed_online_trailers_in_the_first_24_hours

The 2nd place film is 58 million views behind it.  It doesn't just go ahead of many blockbuster films, it fucking obliterates them.  This isn't just average, everyday "oh don't trust the buzz."  This shit right here is far above that.

TF5 and 50 Shades Darker are on that list so...

1 minute ago, Rth Homecoming said:

TDT 7.5, DK 5, EM 3.8,GT/Kid 3.5, Detroit 2.8

Got anything on our girl, WW?! :) You know you want to tell us :)  I could guess and say 700k

Edited by LastSon

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

TF5 and 50 Shades Darker are on that list so...

Fifty Shades is 83M behind IT and TF5 is 103.4M behind IT.  I fail to see your point.

And if we want to go down this route, of the top 10, 6 have been released (unreleased are IT, Thor, and Black Panther, while BATB appears twice).  Of those 6, the average OW is 131.9M (this also only counts TF5's 3-day weekend).  The fact that IT has gone far and above all of these movies is a very positive sign.

• Like 1

So, The Dark Tower....

I went in expecting terrible.

It was not terrible. But utterly thoroughly generic without an ounce of the magic, feel, style, etc of the novels. Tried so hard to do a new spin on it it lost track of what made the novels what they were.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

Uhhh... are you saying that by casting Elba as the lead, that was them chasing after minorities?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well my point is they weren't chasing the book fans when casting Elba.

They should've just focused on pleasing them. The movie would probably be looking at 35+ m OW.

• Like 1

the joy of last year's Oscars to me was that legit the top five in the category were all great movies in my mind that would be well-worthy of wins 

(To unleash a little negativity tho, Lion, Hidden Figures, Hacksaw Ridge, and Fences should not have been nominated at all lol)

We obviously need to wait for estimates but I just gotta say that BO.com made a great call putting Kidnap above Detroit in their predictions. I, honestly, thought they went a little overboard at the time and thought with its extra 700 theaters, Detroit would at least squeak by.

Anyway, great call guys!

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That Emoji number :rofl::rofl::rofl: 

MovieTickets has been a spot on indicator with Dunkirk and Emoji from last Friday all the way through today. With Deadline's early projection that they would be the same at $4m and with Dunkirk ahead by a pretty big margin on MovieTickets, it's not surprising at all to see RTH putting them over $1 million apart. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Well my point is they weren't chasing the book fans when casting Elba.

They should've just focused on pleasing them. The movie would probably be looking at 35+ m OW.

most of the response from book fans was pretty overwhelmingly positive when they cast Elba from my memory. 

I understand you're not necessarily imagining a black actor when you see Roland while reading, but reading THE GUNSLINGER with Elba and McConaughey in mind, they fit the characters like a glove.

• Like 1