WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

2 minutes ago, Chaz said:

I teach Middle School. I'll take them over high schoolers any day. 

MS > HS > College

Good to see teachers on here. What do you teach?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

People who live in Hurricane territory could learn a lot from the 3 little pigs story.

Yeah im sure those Millions of people have no clue with having beach rental properties on the coast.

What a douchebag you are.

Is there any chance that Wind River expands to a bunch of theaters more and actually upsets THB to be #1 at next weekend's BO?

Cause that's the only thing that will keep the weekend from being one of the biggest disasters of all time. (Unless this weekend's numbers were so depressed by the many events holding them back that next weekend's holdovers actually increase, but what's the likeliness of that?)

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Is there any chance that Wind River expands to a bunch of theaters more and actually upsets THB to be #1 at next weekend's BO?

Cause that's the only thing that will keep the weekend from being one of the biggest disasters of all time. (Unless the weekend's numbers were so depressed by the many events holding them back that the holdovers actually increase, but what's the likeliness of that?)

Probably not. Wind River's PTA is already barely over $2K. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Cause that's the only thing that will keep the weekend from being one of the biggest disasters of all time. (Unless this weekend's numbers were so depressed by the many events holding them back that next weekend's holdovers actually increase, but what's the likeliness of that?)

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Wind River at best will stay flat next weekend. It's not as if it's some kind of WOM monster, its PTA has been seriously dropping each week. Hitman's Bodyguard will remain #1 with about $7m (three-day).

I imagine it gets another 500+ theaters and hits 5M with the weak marketplace.

Labor Day will result in quite a few crazy-good holds next weekend, but the numbers themselves are still going to look really low.

As others have posted, I can't help but feel that the complete and utter emptiness of the marketplace is giving It all the necessary room to explode come September 7 at 7:00.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

As others have posted, I can't help but feel that the complete and utter emptiness of the marketplace is giving It all the necessary room to explode come September 7 at 7:00.

I think September overall is gonna make up for August. IT will be huge, mother! should have a solid opening at least (though it remains to be seen how audiences react to whatever Aronofsky has cooked up afterwards), Kingsman and Ninjago should post strong numbers the following weekend, and American Made will do fine if not great too. Should bring the box office back to life before another lull arrives in October, which looks low on titles with big potential aside from Blade Runner.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rorschach said:

SH and Baby Driver both helped the company out big time

Yes they did! They haven't a true profitable film in a while. Spectre relied on overseas, since its budget was nearly $250 million minus P&A costs. Passengers did fine internationally, and proved with holiday legs that $100 million can happen.

TASM2 was ok but kind of a disappointment with Sony's marketing everywhere  from a video game to Super Bowl to Post Offices. But it wasn't a drastic failure but not a true hit.

American Hustle, This Is The End, Skyfall, Sausage Party, and Don't Breathe (just to name a few) have been Sony's more profitable films in recent memory. 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I think September overall is gonna make up for August. IT will be huge, mother! should have a solid opening at least (though it remains to be seen how audiences react to whatever Aronofsky has cooked up afterwards), Kingsman and Ninjago should post strong numbers the following weekend, and American Made will do fine if not great too. Should bring the box office back to life before another lull arrives in October, which looks low on titles with big potential aside from Blade Runner.

October 2017 will behave like 2015.

Blade Runner=The Martian

Geostorm=every October 2015 bomb 

Happy Death Day= Crimson Peak

Boo 2!=Goosebumps

Jigsaw= Paranormal Activity:The Ghost Dimension

Only The Brave= Bridge Of Spies

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

October 2017 will behave like 2015.

Blade Runner=The Martian

Geostorm=every October 2015 bomb 

Happy Death Day= Crimson Peak

Boo 2!=Goosebumps

Jigsaw= Paranormal Activity:The Ghost Dimension

Only The Brave= Bridge Of Spies

No to all of these. I don't think any of the October releases have good, recent comparisons.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

No to all of these. I don't think any of the October releases have good, recent comparisons.

Blade Runner could do sucessful here in the states as adults have something to see in the month. Madea 2 could play like Madea Christmas or Witness Protection. Fall 2017 looks sucessful but could result in an overflow of releases that are aimed towards the same audience.

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Blade Runner could do sucessful here in the states as adults have something to see in the month. Madea 2 could play like Madea Christmas or Witness Protection. Fall 2017 looks sucessful but could result in an overflow of releases that are aimed towards the same audience.

Blade Runner isn't sniffing 200M; best case scenario is Fury Road numbers, and even then that's very optimistic.

Edited by WrathOfHan