WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

It's French / Canadian, and yes the original version was supposed to be fine. Weinstein took it and tried to cut-it-up in an attempt to make it appealing for general audiences, and poor Dane DeHaan had his voice replaced. At least his name isn't involved with another "bummer" this year. 

Weinstein gotta Weinstein, you wonder why any studio would sell their film to him, it's a surprise that Paddington remained untouched,

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's French / Canadian, and yes the original version was supposed to be fine. Weinstein took it and tried to cut-it-up in an attempt to make it appealing for general audiences, and poor Dane DeHaan had his voice replaced. At least his name isn't involved with another "bummer" this year. 

What's funny is that he was replaced by Nat Wolff, an actor who ranks even higher (or is that lower) on the "nobody cares" scale. Only Weinstein.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

What's funny is that he was replaced by Nat Wolff, an actor who ranks even higher (or is that lower) on the "nobody cares" scale. Only Weinstein.

Wait... Nat Wolff has 3 movies basically releasing back to back? He is in Leap, Death Note and Home Again. 3 movies around late August and LD weekend isn't saying much though.

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wait... Nat Wolff has 3 movies basically releasing back to back? He is in Leap, Death Note and Home Again. 3 movies around late August and LD weekend isn't saying much though.

I remember when his agents were pushing HARD for him to be the next Spider-Man. Nothing against the guy personally but 1) he isn't half the actor that Tom Holland is, 2) he doesn't look the part at all and 3) he looks older than me or Andrew Garfield, let alone Tom Holland. And I'm a 36 year old dude and Andrew is a 30 something dude. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

And they're all looking to go nowhere. It seems that his brother Alex is landing the more promising projects (Patriots Day, My Friend Dahmer, Jumanji).

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I mean, can you buy this guy as a fifteen year old?

His agents were spreading "leaks" that he was the favorite to take over the role. Favorite my ass. It was always between Holland and Butterfield. Always. 

Charlie Rowe and Holland were my favorites back when the leakes were happening

Just now, raulbalarezo said:

Charlie Rowe and Holland were my favorites back when the leakes were happening

Charlie never was a contender. You can either believe what I'm saying or not. But he never was. Was him in the shortlist? Yes. Was between ony him and Holland in the end? No. Holland, Butterfield, Rowe and that blonde kid all auditioned. But only Holland and Butterfield came back for the "final" audition that defined Holland in the role. 

35 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Weinstein gotta Weinstein, you wonder why any studio would sell their film to him, it's a surprise that Paddington remained untouched.

I think Weinstein still has that prestige cred, despite that the studio hasn't had many hits lately, and so they're kinda slowly going under as a result.

Edited by Fancyarcher

i only seen him in the fault in our stars and death note but that's solid evidence that this nat wolff kid should be banished from movies. both this kid and ansel elgort always sound like they have saliva in their mouths which NO ACTOR SHOULD HAVE EVER

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Rowe would have easily been the best choice.

Charlie was never really a contender. Holland is easily the best actor among those that was tested for Spidey. Not only that, kid just combines the best acting among the bunch and stuntman skills that are just a very rare combination. He is going to go far if he picks his roles wisely from now on. Rowie's biggest role was playing an younger Andrew Garfield in Never Let Me Go. That's not really what I'd call a great curriculum. 

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Are we pretending Holland was good in Homecoming?

are you pretending to be a majority when every single review from bad to great praised his work :stretcher:

Edited by XO21
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I remember when his agents were pushing HARD for him to be the next Spider-Man. Nothing against the guy personally but 1) he isn't half the actor that Tom Holland is, 2) he doesn't look the part at all and 3) he looks older than me or Andrew Garfield, let alone Tom Holland. And I'm a 36 year old dude and Andrew is a 30 something dude. 

Huh...learned something new every day.  No idea we were age peers:)...must be why we called all these supers movies right this summer:)...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Huh...learned something new every day.  No idea we were age peers:)...must be why we called all these supers movies right this summer:)...

I'm not sure if I'm not in an Almost Famous scenario, but that's at least what my mother has ever told me, haha. 

• Like 1