WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

29 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

I still don't know why Zendaya's character was so mean to Peter.

I mean I get it, she's an edgy girl and all. But I freaking lost it when she gave him the middle finger as he was walking into the gym for prom. It reached a level of edginess I didn't think was possible.

Michelle wasn't mean to Peter. She was... Michelle. She is weird, and I thing she might be somehow related to Jameson like some have suggested on SHH. Like, she loves-hates Peter, like his father-grandpa hates-loves Spider-Man. It's a more interesting twist than she being simply this franchise's Mary Jane. 

35 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

I still don't know why Zendaya's character was so mean to Peter.

I mean I get it, she's an edgy girl and all. But I freaking lost it when she gave him the middle finger as he was walking into the gym for prom. It reached a level of edginess I didn't think was possible.

She obviously has a thing for Peter.

Edited by YourMother

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Michelle wasn't mean to Peter. She was... Michelle. She is weird, and I thing she might be somehow related to Jameson like some have suggested on SHH. Like, she loves-hates Peter, like his father-grandpa hates-loves Spider-Man. It's a more interesting twist than she being simply this franchise's Mary Jane. 

I totally think that J in MJ is Jameson. She isn't Mary Jane and Michelle Jane would be just stupid. But Jameson would make sense. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Goffe said:

How dare you. After all my Chinatown and The Innocents opinions. I demand to be, at least, second behind Ethan.

You got Chinatown and The Innocents, Ethan got Before Sunrise and American Honey... broken clock, etc. Also Ethan's pretty young there's still a chance he can be saved

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DAR said:

Here's a damn great reason to perhaps visit a theater next weekend

Another film i havent seen in theaters. Thatll change next weekend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maxmoser3 said:

looking at the year to date. 2017 is on life watch, September should make over $700 million, October should be the same as 2015. November should make over a $1 billion, same as December. So 2017 tried but this summer was what killed it. RIP 2017 at the box office. 

The late winter and spring season movies really over-performed. Wish that the summer did the same.

Don't know if it was mentioned, but Baby Driver reached the 5x multiplier this weekend. Shows how impressive it's legs have been during the summer, even as a wednesday release.

Also with this decent start in China it will more than likely get to $200M worldwide. Up until now Edgar Wright's biggest box office hit was Hot Fuzz with $80M WW, and half of that money came from the UK.

• Like 3

Just now, filmlover said:

Probably. He was in the running for The Amazing Spider-Man a few years before as well.

I mean yeah we would've bitched about it being obvious. But it's obvious because he would've been good as hell.

Really out of the summer of 2017, the true success stories were Wonder Woman, Dunkirk,Baby Driver, Girls Trip, Guardians 2,  and DM3. You had other hits such as Kidnap, Annabelle 2, 47 Meters Down, Pirates 5, and Everything, Everything. But it seemed that the films that I've seen the ones that I remembered thinking oh that wasn't bad I feel like are now just meh to not really good such as Baywatch, All Eyez On Me, and Snatched. But I still liked Despicable Me 3, Girls Trip, Hitman's Bodyguard, Captain Underpants, and Rough Night. 

Baby Driver might get a healthy boost next weekend with Labor Day as it should outgross the total of The Itallian Job remake soon. 

This weekend is almost actually entertaining in a sick, backwards way. Instead of being huge, this weekend is at a 10 year low or something. I guess extremes either way are entertaining to me.

35 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Really out of the summer of 2017, the true success stories were Wonder Woman, Dunkirk,Baby Driver, Girls Trip, Guardians 2,  and DM3. You had other hits such as Kidnap, Annabelle 2, 47 Meters Down, Pirates 5, and Everything, Everything. But it seemed that the films that I've seen the ones that I remembered thinking oh that wasn't bad I feel like are now just meh to not really good such as Baywatch, All Eyez On Me, and Snatched. But I still liked Despicable Me 3, Girls Trip, Hitman's Bodyguard, Captain Underpants, and Rough Night. 

Baby Driver might get a healthy boost next weekend with Labor Day as it should outgross the total of The Itallian Job remake soon. 

You gotta include SH. How can you not? It might become the highest grossing Spider-Man film ever. It was a huge success for Sony.