WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 32): THB 10.3M | Annabelle 7.7M | Leap 4.7M | Wind River 4.6M | Logan Lucky 4.2M | Dragon 2.7M | Where are the clowns, cults, and Cruise when you need them?

Celebrate @That One Guy:

After its ill-fated release in North America and most foreign territories, “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets” looked to China as its final hope.

Now, the Middle Kingdom’s summer blackout period has come to an end, and EuropaCorp’s “Valerian” has ended the weekend on top. Luc Besson’s $180 million sci-fi epic — considered to be the most expensive independent film ever made — grossed $32.8 million from 32 international territories (including China) this weekend.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/valerian-international-box-office-china-summer-blackout-over-1202539967/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

IT centers around pre-teens, too young for Ethan's tastes.  He doesn't associate with middle school 

Middle schoolers are annoying though.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Middle schoolers are annoying though.

Not anymore than High Schoolers.  They're actually worse, because they have cars to go places and ruin the vibe.

Edited by A Panda of Ice and Fire
  • Like 3

Just now, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

Not anymore than High Schoolers

Seriously when you go to a high school/middle school spilt the traffic from class to class becomes annoying when mainly the middle schoolers don't give a shit and clog up the hallways. However as a High School senior there may be some bias in my statement.

Middle Schoolers are the worst.

High Schoolers have some level of compassion and maturity, even if its only a little.

Middle Schoolers do not. They're tiny devils who make your life a living hell for 3 years.

• Like 6

Pretty lame weekend. Even without the fight, the numbers would have been awfully low.

Hitman's Bodyguard should recover a little bit next weekend. It's hard to believe that the film is going to get three weekends at #1, but that's the weakness of the schedule for you.

Annabelle: Creation will need a really good weak and great holiday weekend performance to have any kind of shot at $100 million, but at least it will outgross the first Annabelle spinoff comfortably.

If anything, I'm surprised that Leap! didn't bomb harder.

Wind River did okay in its expansion. I feel like buzz has been far too quiet, especially in the midst of such an empty marketplace that could support a well-reviewed thriller aimed at adults.

I'm kinda bummed that Logan Lucky didn't hold up particularly well.

The expansions for Wonder Woman and Baby Driver both failed to elicit much interest, but they've already surpassed their respective target milestones, so everything they make is just gravy at this point.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Actually why didn't they go with Lerman? Did they think the choice was too obvious or what?

I think he would be too old, at least for Homecoming (yes, I know Maguire and Garfield were pushing 30 when they were cast, but the creative team clearly wanted someone younger)

5 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Actually why didn't they go with Lerman? Did they think the choice was too obvious or what?

I imagine that it could many external factor, but the fact Sony also went with him and build a second big franchise with him as the lead of Uncharted:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/tom-holland-uncharted-nathan-drake-movie-spider-man-homecoming-shawn-levy-1202099530/

They probably liked Holland a lot.