CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

9 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

And Warner still has a sure hit coming soon... Geostorm. :sparta:

if that movie does 50 dom, 65 china and 85 os-china for 200 ww, wb will feel breathe a sigh of relief i think.

X3 and TF4 are the lowest grossing 100-105 ow movies I think (not sure), at 234 and 245. Probably the low-end for IT if it does 100-105 ow. High-end probably 3x?

edit: F8 just escaped that ignominious record by opening at 99 (225 ow). Having said that, even TF4 is a 99 opener.

Edited by a2knet

28 minutes ago, a2knet said:

if that movie does 50 dom, 65 china and 85 os-china for 200 ww, wb will feel breathe a sigh of relief i think.

Considering that WB is only distributing it and the budget is put up by Skydance, their exposure is probably limited to P&A. Pretty similar thing with BR2049 but only domestic P&A in that case as Sony has WW.

• Like 1

I still remember getting wicked excited about X-Men: The Last Stand's potential after its opening day, which was the biggest Friday gross ever at the time. And then... that multiplier. And then... those legs.

It should fare pretty well in terms of its final multiplier if only because the combination of the hurricane and the first week of NFL games on Sunday are bound to take a chunk out of it in the next two days.

• Like 1

just got out of my imax showing.  this is a film people will reference in 20 years.  

i don't say it often but if you cant find something here to love then i really believe you need to redefine your parameters for film making.  

the coveted and rare....A+. 

• Like 6

The theater I go to was absolutely packed. They even had movie passes and exchanges ready to go for teenagers who bought their tickets online but didn't have ID.

By the size of the crowd, you would've thought a new Avengers movie came out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DealWithIt said:

Finn Wolfhard (Richie) has had an awesome two years. Stranger Things last summer, now IT and Stranger Things 2 next month. 

was just telling my friends on the ride home I feel that the stranger things kids (him in particular) are the closest thing we have to the sean astin/corey feldman era.  kind of moving.

So I get there at around 9:35, almost in time for my 9:40 pm showing. Im waiting to get my phone scanned, when the worker there asks for my ID. I pat myself down and I realize I left my wallet and ID at home, like a fucking idiot. I had no way of proving to them I was 18.

So they then recommended me to exchange it for another showing of IT, so I decided my plan was to exchange my ticket for an 11:20 pm showing of IT, and it would give me almost two hours to race home and get my ID. I get to the cashier and she tells me: "Even in an exchange, you're still technically purchasing a new ticket for IT, and you don't have your ID so we can't let you buy it. On the other hand, if you buy your ticket until after you come back with your ID, we might not have seats left"....

So she hands me this dilemma for no fucking reason because she didn't allow me to purchase the damn thing and I had to call my dad to bring me my ID. 

Long story short, I got in eventually and it was a great movie but fuck that beginning.

They never asked for my ID when I was 17 but they do now when I'm 18? Fuck that.

Im a tall dude with a.....baby face. Well, dammit.

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

And then after I purchased the new ticket, I still had a solid 90 minutes to spare. So I walked around the city, and I realized I'm one depressed fellow. 

....But the movie was great.

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 4