kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers: 7.9 M IT

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

How many horror films' entire runs has It  destroyed in just six days? Damn!

I mean it crushed The Conjurings total on Tuesday. One cant even compare it to normal horror movies. Its a phenomenon like The Sixth Sense.

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I mean it crushed The Conjurings total on Tuesday. One cant even compare it to normal horror movies. Its a phenomenon like The Sixth Sense.

Indeed.

I was recently hoping for a modern horror film to gross 200 million, and here it is. And it could possibbly gross 300!! 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, a2knet said:

159m by Thursday using ~8% drop. 55-60% 2nd weekend drop takes it to 210-215m. Then 250+ by 3rd weekend should happen.

Holy shit...an R-rated horror film released in September might possibly outgross WB's own BvS and SS. 

I would not be shocked if that happened.

Put Muschietti at the helm of Justice League Dark  ASAP! :D 

Not saying that my tweet to Guru caused him to edit his Sunday column on boxofficeguru.com but after he said that IT should finish with around 250, I tweeted him and told him that it was impossible for IT to finish that low.

He soon after changed his blurb to this:  

Audience scores are as high as they get for the horror genre so positive word-of-mouth will lead to plenty of more business ahead. The CinemaScore grade was a B+ which is quite high for scary movies. Studio research showed broad appeal as the female/male split was nearly even at 51/49. 65% were over 25. The road ahead is bright for It which could finish its domestic run in the $250-300M range which is just mind-blowing for a $35M production. That can make it one of the top five blockbusters of the year thus far.

300 is the floor for this imo

• Like 6