WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

If [any of] you are annoyed about some people hoping that mother! flops/happy about mother!  flopping, but you acted gleeful and happy about The Mummy, Valerian, or the latest Trnsfrms, Pirates, or Cars underperforming...well, then you are a hypocrite.

Whether the film is seen as a masterpiece or as  a "piece of crap," there is nothing gained from the floppage of a movie that you are not interested in to begin with.

Just don't watch the film; problem solved. 

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

What movies got a F score on CinemaScore?

I know Wolf Creek is one of these movies. I still don't get how Wolf Creek got such low score. 

Here's the 8 films, all time, with an "F" Cinema Score, and their Rotten Tomatoes score.

1. Killing Them Softly (78%)

2. Solaris (65%)

3. Bug (61%)

4. Wolf Creek (53%)

5. Darkness (4%)

6. The Box (45%)

7. Silent House (41%)

8. The Devil Inside (7%)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

What movies got a F score on CinemaScore?

I know Wolf Creek is one of these movies. I still don't get how Wolf Creek got such low score. 

Here's the 8 films, all time, with an "F" Cinema Score, and their Rotten Tomatoes score.

1. Killing Them Softly (78%)

2. Solaris (65%)

3. Bug (61%)

4. Wolf Creek (53%)

5. Darkness (4%)

6. The Box (45%)

7. Silent House (41%)

8. The Devil Inside (7%)

http://www.pajiba.com/box_office_round-ups/the-8-films-all-time-to-receive-an-f-from-cinemascore.php

Also, http://www.thewrap.com/movies-you-loved-or-hated-films-got-or-f-cinemascores-photos-90331/

"I Know Who Killed Me" starring Lindsay Lohan was not as adored as her movie "The Help." The psychological thriller gave it an F in July 2007.

Richard Gere, Helen Hunt and Farrah Fawcett couldn't save "Dr. T and the Women" from a F rating in October 2000.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

THB's late showing at my theater got cancelled for another AA. Additionally, an early afternoon show of THB and night show of Wind River have been canned for more AA tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the showing of mother! in 6 minutes has only sold 10 seats :ohmygod: 

Apologize to Dougie, Shawn

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That does seem to be a trend in movies now, The Mummy and TF5 both stop the plot in the second act to give us tons of exposition. The Brendan Fraser movie gives the exposition as part of the plot instead of stopping the plot to explain things to us, it's like movies can only do one or the other at a time now. An article I read attributed this to foreign markets where you need to spell out everything as English isn't the native language.

An article I read attributed this to foreign markets where you need to spell out everything as English isn't the native language.

Americans need to stop blaming foreigners for Hollywood's shitty writing/racism/sexism... :jeb!:

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

If [any of] you are lamenting that some people are hoping that mother! flops/happy about mother!  flopping, but you acted gleeful and happy about The Mummy or the latest Trnsfrms, Pirates, or Cars underperforming...well, then you are a hypocrite.

Whether the film is a masterpiece or a "piece of crap," there is nothing gained from the floppage of a movie that you are not interested in to begin with.

THANK YOU. 

Killing Them Softly was definitely a victim of mismarketing. It was sold as a Brad Pitt action hitman thriller, and audiences got a meditative crime drama that was an extended metaphor for the director's opinion of the decline of America

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

1. Killing Them Softly (78%)

2. Solaris (65%)

3. Bug (61%)

4. Wolf Creek (53%)

5. Darkness (4%)

6. The Box (45%)

7. Silent House (41%)

8. The Devil Inside (7%)

At least three of these are good as hell.

Was looking more at CinemaScores; I really liked this blurb for Transformers 3's CinemaScore in this article:

http://screencrush.com/movies-with-crazy-cinemascores/

‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’: A

Who walks out of 154 minutes of incomprehensible destruction, Shia LaBeouf screaming, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley staring blankly into the middle distance and thinks “Yep, that was A-level entertainment”? Apparently the vast majority of people polled by CinemaScore, who really liked the third (terrible) ‘Transformers’ sequel a whole lot.

20 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

If [any of] you are lamenting that some people are hoping that mother! flops/happy about mother!  flopping, but you acted gleeful and happy about The Mummy or the latest Trnsfrms, Pirates, or Cars underperforming...well, then you are a hypocrite.

Whether the film is a masterpiece or a "piece of crap," there is nothing gained from the floppage of a movie that you are not interested in to begin with.

I was interested in all these films and watched each one.

They deserved floppage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

At least three of these are good as hell.

Yes the how well it reached is natural audience (because of misleading marketing or otherwise) tend to be more an indication of the cinemascore, then the quality, it is normal for T4 to have a really good cinemascore, everyone in the theater is a transformer fans, a Brad Pitt movie can attract people not ready for a movie like this (in 2011 that is) or Boogie Night terrible test screening in the past, the movie Drive reception, etc...

• Like 1

Wolf of Wall Street had a C+ cinemascore. Wonder if people went to watch a Leo film in Christmas with their grandma cause it showed the value of hard-work, teamwork, friendship and making money to achieve the American dream.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Was looking more at CinemaScores; I really liked this blurb for Transformers 3's CinemaScore in this article:

http://screencrush.com/movies-with-crazy-cinemascores/

Cinemascore is pretty much "Did the audience get the movie they came to watch?", which is why a lot of movies with misleading trailers have bad cinemascores and movies with big fanbases get good cinemascores because the audience gets exactly what they came to see.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Wolf of Wall Street had a C+ cinemascore. Wonder if people went to watch a Leo film in Christmas with their grandma cause it showed the value of hard-work, teamwork, friendship and making money to achieve the American dream.

That one truly baffles me. The film wasn’t even one of those “ahead of its time” kinda deals. People loved it when it was released. My guess is the movie itself was helped by WOM from people watching screeners and home video releases, I don’t know anyone that saw it in cinemas, but I know a lot of people that saw it at the time. I know I probably couldn’t handle watching the film in cinemas being as long as it is

My other guess is simply Cinemascore failed when it came to the polling of the movie.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1