grim22

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies | WB | July 27 2018 | Animated movie

If you’re familiar with the humor of “Teen Titans Go!”, the film is faithful to capturing the comedic tone of the series but surprisingly doesn’t rely on the juvenile jokes as often. Oh yeah, the juvenile humor is sparse and instead targets the superhero movie genre in the most irreverent, meta way possible and it’s relentlessly funny.

Unapologetically meta with irreverent tongue-in-cheek humor that captures the best and worst of the series, “Teen Titans Go! To the Movies” is a surprisingly hysterical satirical comedy that is fun for the whole family.

Also TARA STRONG REPLIED TO MY REVIEW! http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies/teen-titans-go-to-the-movies-review

• Like 8
  • Astonished 1

17 minutes ago, rjones1325 said:

If you’re familiar with the humor of “Teen Titans Go!”, the film is faithful to capturing the comedic tone of the series but surprisingly doesn’t rely on the juvenile jokes as often. Oh yeah, the juvenile humor is sparse and instead targets the superhero movie genre in the most irreverent, meta way possible and it’s relentlessly funny.

Unapologetically meta with irreverent tongue-in-cheek humor that captures the best and worst of the series, “Teen Titans Go! To the Movies” is a surprisingly hysterical satirical comedy that is fun for the whole family.

Also TARA STRONG REPLIED TO MY REVIEW! http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies/teen-titans-go-to-the-movies-review

Tara Strong is bubbly as hell. 

• Like 1

This may sound like an exaggeration but I genuinely think I've been exposed to at least one project featuring Tara Strong nee Charendoff's work since the mid 90's on a monthly basis.

It's crazy to think how prolific her career's been for so long and how she's still going... strong :bagoverhead:

• Like 1

It’s funny to think that despite being a show that’s a huge punching bag on the Internet, the TTG movie is getting good reviews and will most likely serve as good counterprogramming to the latest and most critically acclaimed Mission Impossible movie to date, while the MLP movie received extremely mediocre reviews and barely showed up on anyone’s radar, despite the show having previously been an Internet phenomenon that you seemingly couldn’t escape from. Life is funny like that.

• Like 1

I have to be honest, when I heard this movie was announced, and ESPECIALLY after seeing the first trailer, I was very skeptical about this movie. I was kind of looking forward to it on simply the basis that 2D animated movies on the big screen are so rare these days, but I feared the movie would take the worst aspects of the show and turn them up to 11. This feeling was not helped by the overlong fart joke in the first trailer, and the fact that the scene didn't show much use of improved animation either.

When the 2nd trailer came out, I honestly felt a lot more hopeful. A few of the jokes made me really laugh, and even the ones that didn't weren't obnoxious. It showed the improved animation off much better, too. I was feeling better about it, but was also worried this would just be a case of good trailer editing.

So, after looking at all the good reviews it's getting, I'm feeling much more excited about this thing. It's pretty amazing that most people (including me) thought that this would be this year's Emoji Movie, and now it's getting way better reviews than anyone ever expected. 

Edited by Blipsy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'm curious about what CinemaScore is gonna be for this movie.

The cartoon has a ton of haters, and this movie has a 60% ( people who want to see ) on RT. 

Perhaps a B.

If someone hates the cartoon, why would they see this on opening night?

• Like 2